Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

ModManager Question

First, let me say that I use the ModManager and really enjoy its simplicity, however I have also played around with the batch files a bit. I think the debate is really a "fork or spoon" kind of thing.

TwoSheds, if you are out there, I'm wondering if you have planned any further work on the ModManager utility? I find the only problem I have is sorting through all my mods using the priority shuffle. I would love to see folders with mod types (example: winter allied armour, summer allied armour, winter terrain, summer terrain, interface, built terrain). This would allow me to prioritize ten or so mods in a folder instead of scrolling through over a hundred.

Not sure how possible this is (or if the above makes sense to anyone)......

any comments out there on this idea?

Jonah:

You can do that already by just redirecting the ModManager as to what folder your mods are stored in. Do this via the configuration tab.

I use five separate subfolders within the main MOD folder. My armor is separated by nationality and my terrain mods are in the main Mod folder. When I want a different vehicle, I jump to the configuration tab and change the location where it looks for the mod.

bfamily33,

Actually that's not gonna work. When you install the selected Mods from a folder (let's say the Armor folder) all you will have is Armor BMPs in your Combat Mission BMP folder. You'll be missing everything else.

Jonah,

Good idea, it's been requested quite a few times but I can't justify the time it would take.

Do you know how to use Batch files? They are our future.