Sick of the Yappy Dogs?

Guest Pillar

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Space Thing:

Hiram, Big DD, & Pillar,

Sniffle snifle, whine!! Whimper, piss and moan.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dude...why ya gotta mess with me?

Quit yer yappin and have a nice day.

------------------

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction. - Blaise Pascal

Ggrrrr, aarff arrff arrff, arrff arrff, huh, oh, sniff, sniff sniff, ppppssssssstt, ahhhh, ggrrr aarff arrff arrff

------------------

"Gentlemen, you may be sure that of the three courses

open to the enemy, he will always choose the fourth."

-Field Marshal Count Helmuth von Moltke, (1848-1916)

[This message has been edited by Bruno Weiss (edited 01-20-2001).]

Guest Space Thing

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hiram Sedai:

Originally posted by Space Thing:

Hiram, Big DD, & Pillar,

Sniffle snifle, whine!! Whimper, piss and moan.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The above quote is NOT from me. It's from Hiram Sendai.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>And as for whining, he presented a general garment and you claimed it to be your fit? (bonus points if you know the book thats from)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Double bonus points if you know what "garment" meant in the Atredies battle language!

On the somewhat more serious topic of whiners:

Saying, "I think the armor points aren't right now." isn't whining it's argument. Now, that agrument may be being made in a less than great way, but there is an argument there nonetheless.

Now, saying, "CM is broken!!!! Fix Now" is whining under certain circumstances. Let's say that I lose 4 Veteran Hellcats in 2 minutes. My thought process is: OK - something is wrong here. Hellcats shouldn't die at the rate of 2 per minute. What could be the cause of this?

1. The game engine's representation of the Hellcat is flawed.

2. My opponent is a cheating bastard.

3. Lady luck is repaying me for calling her a "strumpet" last Tuesday.

4. My tactics make a Dung Beetle look like Rommel.

For me 4 is the most likely followed by 3. 2 and 1 don't really enter my head until there is a fantastic preponderance of evidence to support them. Whining is saying 1 or 2 without explaining 3 or 4. When it turns out that all those hellcats had lost their TCs to snipers, were moving backwards without ammo against a Panther it will be clear that 4 is to blaim. Whining is people ignoring that they may be the cause of the crappy result and blaming BTS. This isn't cool for a couple of reasons:

1. It is annoying to read.

2. Every topic like, "BTS TANKS ALL BROKEN FIX NOW!!!!!" has the potential to take sales away from Steve, Charles, Matt, and Dan. That ain't cool.

3. It makes you look like a foo' whom Mr. T would pidy.

Just my two sesterces.

- Photon

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Clubfoot:

Come on. stfuaga?

I tend not to get involved in these ugly, hateful threads, but 'poolers please... is it really your collective contention that players new to CM should only post threads that fall within your narrow definitions of relevancy. And even then, not to post at all if their point isn't driven home with rapier wit?

By all means you should trounce the greenie who ventures into the current incarnation of the Peng thread with nothing but oafish SPR anecdotes or concerns over an incorrect lug nut pattern on a Puma's wheels.

But if you really want to avoid "uncommonly boring and slow-witted" posts, then jump back in the pool, and sharpen your teeth on the other cess-poolers. Guys who know you and know that it's in fun. Guys who won't get turned off to the CM community and CM in general by the often aggressive nature of cess. Do you really want them to "go away"?

Clubfoot.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Clubfoot - what on earth are you talking about? Big DD was never seen in the Peng Thread (I have no idea what the seemingly random agglomeration of letters in his post means anyway), Meeks just pointed out that claiming 1st Amendment rights might be a bit much in this case, Hiram said something I don't understand and more likely than not was in just, and my comment was just made because I thought this thread would be locked soon, and also a nod towards Hiram.

You know, many people on this board have the potential to be abusive even without being regulars in the Peng Thread (read any of the dozen German armour points threads going on if you don't believe me). Don't blame it all on the Peng Threaders, because that just won't cut any ice.

Having said all that - I know a lot of people now who have lost any right (if they ever had one) to complain about the presence of the Peng Thread ever again.

If I see another thread where people go at each others' throats because of some minor change to the game that may or may not make a difference, I swear I will go postal.

Pillar has managed to kick off a decent and interesting discussion over in T&T, and he should bloody well be commended for coming over here to invite people to it, instead of being told off about infringing somebody's 1st Amendment rights.

And for the record, there is complaining and there is whining. If you can not tell one from the other, the worse for you.

Jesus Christ on a bicycle no wonder I have become Bitter-and-Twistedâ„¢!

------------------

Andreas

Der Kessel

Home of „Die Sturmgruppe“; Scenario Design Group for Combat Mission.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Germanboy:

(I have no idea what the seemingly random agglomeration of letters in his post means anyway)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi

It means "Shut The F*ck Up And Go Away".

I agree, Pillar's post was fair and accurate

and probably timely, but the responses which followed were entirely not called for and not surprisingly led to a heated reply, (something I would never do, of course) wink.gif however that's just about "par for the course" on this forum at the moment.

Something we should all keep in mind is that this board belongs to BTS and is here to service their customers, old and, is becoming obvious, many new. We should not be doing anything here which would piss off even one customer.

/Rant

DG

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Something we should all keep in mind is that this board belongs to BTS and is here to service their customers, old and, is becoming obvious, many new. We should not be doing anything here which would piss off even one customer. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There you go. Thats why the CP'ers should refrain themselves out here in the open and stay in the Cess Pool if they want to continue to use profanity or treat new users like dirt. They scare off new customers.

Guest Madmatt

Okay, it starting to be clear that people across the board need to lighten up and really refrain from posting when they have nothing better to do than watch their post totals go up.

I have noticed a tendency of late to just post nonsense threads that have absolutely no bearing on anything.

In the future such posts will be considered SPAM and will be dealt with appropriately and to the maximum extent of our recourses.

Pillar has given people a very good option of where to turn for advanced discussions and I thank him for that. Do not attack the guy for trying to help and contribute. Also do not blame everything on Cesspoolians as they to mean well, in their own way.

All I ask is that people take a minute to really ask themselves if the 150 line message of flaming garbage is really all that necessary to post to the forum BEFORE they click that Submit Button.

Think before you POST, TEST before you cry BUG and take a "Time-Out" break before you counter-flame the guy that just called you a Plutonian ButtMonkey.

Thank you.

Madmatt

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 01-20-2001).]