Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Pbem Combatibility Question

Been running into some problems setting up a PBEM game with a bud. First of all, he cannot upgrade to the latest version due to some error when running the patch. nature of the problem appears to be that he cannot write to his .exe file off the main directory. We even tried deleting the file so that the patch could create a new one but it said we didn't have permission. Checked the background to see if the game was running and even did a restart and was met with same result. Any ideas?

Also, if we are stuck where he's at the 1.03 version and I'm at the 1.12 version, can we still play by email if we use a 1.03 original mission. IOW, is the version I have (1.12) compatiable with missions from his 1.03?

Sgt,

You can extract the patch files to any directory you want and then move them to your CM directory.

If there is a problem with his patch file you could extract the files from yours and send them to him.

As the CM patch does not access any windows directories or such there is now problem swapping files back and forth at your hearts content.

As for your second question, no you can not. But it should not be a problem as the patching will be a piece of cake.

M.

Seems to me that the files on your buddy's machine were read only, either due to direct copy from the CD (which works, apart of that problem), or an accidental tinkering...

Select all the files in the CM folder under Explorer, set properties to "not" read-only (un checj box), and all should be fine...

Hmmm, well, unless you're on a Mac :confused: