Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Essential Mods?

As far as how the gameplay is impacted, I would say the terrain mods have the most effect on how the game looks, followed by the vehicle mods. A judicious use of terrain mods can really improve the way the game looks. You will have to experiment though as every person is different. However I can second the Panzertruppen building recomendation. Have fun.

------------------

DeanCo--

CM interface mods: http://mapage.cybercable.fr/deanco/

so many games...so little time

Thanks for the posts boys. I really don't know much about this part of pc gaming. Wondering how the mods work? Do I download and launch whichever ones I choose once I load CBMO onto my pc? My assumption is once launch a mod it integrates itself into the game and changes the way it looks. Is this correct? Are they easily removed? I thought the demo looked great and do not want to load to many extra and see system performance suffer. Running the game on 500 Mhz Celeron, 96 MB RAM 12G HD, Intel 810 Chipsetw/5MB.

Most mods are just .bmp files in a zip file. The way you use them is to unzip them into your combat mission "bmp" folder. These will overwrite what is there, so if you think you may change your mind you should back up your existing bmp folder (or at least the files that will be changed in it). To "remove" a mod you simply go back to the bmp files you had before you installed the mod.

The computer you are using means you probably don't want to install too many high res mods, especially ones that would effect speed the most like grass. If you are upgrading soon, you should probably look at a better video card first. I'd say that right now that is your machine's slow point. I use an old first generation TNT with 16 MB and am thinking of upgrading that soon. I have a celeron 366 (running at 550) and 192 MB RAM, and with a bunch of high res mods I start to see a slowdown.