Haunted King Tiger! (OT)

Recently I was playing one of my "wasting time" QBs. I pitted 4 fireflys up against 4 King Tigers. Well, due to the random terrain (I was dealt a bad hand frown.gif) 3 of my fireflys were destroyed within the first 5 turns. So I found a nice little hull down spot and proceeded to ambush the KT with my last Fly, as I knew they'd eventually wander in to the clearing I was covering.

A KT rolled into my sights. We traded a few rounds, all of which missed each other. Then finally one of mine hit its mark and knocked it out. I decided to stay where I was for another turn, just to see if another KT would come my way.

Thats when I realized that the KT I had plugged was haunted!

It slowly began to move forward!!!!!! It's treads weren't moving so it appeared to be gliding toward me! Spooky! I watched the movie about 10 times. Then It dawned on me to unbutton my tank and take a better look.

No sooner than I had done that, I discovered the KT was moving because another King Tiger was pushing it! I quicky plugged that one as well.

Sorry if this seems stupid. I thought it was pretty crazy. Shows how much better the tank can detect threats when it's unbuttoned.

Anyone heard of the U-Boat that was supposedly haunted during WWI?

I have read the story of the WW1 U-Boat haunting. I cannot recall the exact details, (or where I read it), but from what little I recall, the ghost was one of the U-Boat's crewmen who was somehow trapped topside prior to submerging.

Supposedly, the crew would then hear banging noises and other manifestations when the boat was submerged. The U-boat in question was later lost in a minefield (I think).

Once again, I don't recall the exact source, but according to the story the whole incident was well documented.

Dang! Now you've got me wanting to find out where I first saw it! smile.gif

------------------

Vor der Kaserne, vor dem grossen Tor, stand eine Laterne und steht sie nach davor.

So wollen wir uns wiedersehn, bei der Laterne woll'n wir stehn,

wie einst Lili-Marleen,

wie einst Lili-Marleen.