Starting Morale

Just had something strange occuring in a QB, 2000 points. I am attacking, Germans, against thusfar unknown Allies.

Strangely enough the starting morale of my troops, before even one shot was fired, or move was made, was 96%. Victory was 5% for the Allies, even though I could see no one, and the flags where therefore all white.

Now I *am* using overpriced hamsters in this attack, but still, it looks mighty strange to me.

Bertram

[This message has been edited by Bertram (edited 03-10-2001).]

Originally posted by Bertram:

Just had something strange occuring in a QB, 2000 points. I am attacking, Germans, against thusfar unknown Allies.

Strangely enough the starting morale of my troops, before even one shot was fired, or move was made, was 96%. Victory was 5% for the Allies, even though I could see no one, and the flags where therefore all white.

Now I *am* using ovverpriced hamsters in this attack, but still, it looks mighty strange to me.

Bertram

In all likeliness, you have split squads. Split squads actually suffer morale loss as if you had lost the other half of the squad, until they're recombined. That, apparently, also affects the victory points, as I guess the game assumes the squad is a casualty (each team thinks the other is dead, 2 dead teams, 1 full squad)