Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Is this a bug?

Guest Captitalistdoginchina

I have observed that at the end of a pbem or TCP/IP turn some of my men may be shaken or pinned with their face in the dirt. Nothing unusual so far.

After clicking "Done" if I then give orders to target an enemy unit my men will remain prone - but, if i want to make sure he fires straight away all i have to do is give him the "Hide" command and providing you give him a target he will spring upright ready to fire and fight. Then give him the "unhide" command and he remains upright and ready to shoot as soon as the next turn begins.

If you do not want your men to be supressed and you want them to shoot back and to be combat ready at the start of each turn thats all you need to do.

I really don't know if there is any real advantage or not - but i would rather have my men firing at the enemy than lying prone with their face in the dirt.

This only works if you give them a target and the red line sticks.

Just my observation.

Any thoughts?

CDIC

------------------

"Death solves all problems - no man no problem"

J.V.Stalin, 1918

I think it can make a difference, if you have a platoon of men shaken and prone they are not in a condition to return fire for a short while (Whether incoming small arms fire is directed at them or not)But if you make the Hide - Unhide command they will erect themselves and return fire straight away every time. Not such a big issue i think but certainly some advantage can be gained. Usually after giving these orders the condition "Shaken" is removed from the info box.

Looking forward to Madmatts reply....cuz he is always right smile.gif

------------------

"Death solves all problems - no man no problem"

J.V.Stalin, 1918

I think this is only an interface problem. You overwrite the morale status graphic in the unit info box but it seems to me the troops still act as though pinned or taking cover.

But yeah, this has been around forever. I remember trying this in the beta demo to "rally" my troops.

------------------

-Bullethead

In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is strength, in water there is bacteria.