Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

WWII Online Coming out!!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Manieri:

[QB]If you like Combat Mission, WWII Online is the best. They're almost done with closed Beta and an Open Beta will start by the end of the month. The release date is on June 6th. Check it out!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Capt. Benny, who let you out of the dog house?

Ah well. I won't be playing a game at that cost what WWII online is going to cost unless it comes out of the screen and performs acts illegal in Georgia... I have been playing Flashpoint and tihink it'll suit my FPS yen just fine...

Oh, and before the lock comes for posting this outside of the General Discussion group, I'd like to take this opprotunity to send out a hearty HI MOM!

Edited for UBB errors.

[ 05-04-2001: Message edited by: Compassion ]

Well, Compassion

The price for the WWII OL retail box will be $40.00 and the service cost (monthly) will be $9.99

The WWIIOL Service cost really isn't that bad, when you take into account all the other MMOLGs out there. Like, Aces High is $29.99 a month. That's ludicrious.

Yeah, hi mom. Maybe there should be an award for most obviously inappropriate post.

Before this goes to the general forum, this game looks like no great shakes. I used to play some mulitplayer tactical (man to man) game online - it was fun for about an hour. It became obvious it was ruled by a bunch of the twitch crowd, teenagers with retarded screen names who had no idea what teamwork was. It was ahistorical, silly and trite. The screen shots of WW II Online look about as ridiculous; I don't see how, if you can't get 8 people to commit to a CM campaign (or in some cases 1 person to commit to a PBEM), you would get 'hundreds' or 'thousands' of people to commit to playing WW II Online?

Just because the technology exists to do something, it doesn't make it a good idea.

Actually Michael,

that twitch crowd you mentioned has been a big thing on the Forums at the WWII Online Site. Everybody there has a teamwork initiative, and the game programmers will try to keep AOL Kids from New Jersey from making the experience annoying. You know who I'm talking about: the guys with the Screen names, I33 Sn1P3R. Believe me, this is the first game of it's kind, and we'll all enjoy it!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Manieri:

Well, Compassion

The price for the WWII OL retail box will be $40.00 and the service cost (monthly) will be $9.99 <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nope, sorry. Unless it's got the pow of the future shock of the original Air Warrior on Genie, then no dice (and that was a free download!). Flashpoint promises much more game play for the buck (though I will sign up for WWII ONline during the demo period).

Well, WWII Online is a total battlefield in a HUGE consistent environment. Not with 16 or 32 players in a theater, but thousands and thousands. If a player in a Stuka bombs a spwan point, players as infanty can shoot at the aircraft with rifles and whatnot. It's all consistent, the planes, the infanty, the tanks, the Navy...everything. Like I said, first of it's kind.

I'm going to college next year, and in preparation, I'm already incurring expenses. But, this game seems like a great deal. So, I'll shell out the money for it. Seems pretty damn good.