Mod Packages

Although this might be better suited for the 'mod' area, I was thinking that possibly creating 'mod-packs', like the Madmatt mod packs, might be a desierable thing, especially with the increasing number of High Speed users.

I find it difficult to keep track of all of the multiple small mods, based on individual vechicles and such. I go to different sites, and invariably download the same thing (just named differently!)

The 'Normandy' mod is a first step in large mod making.

Collecting the best of the best (this may be very difficult with all of the high quality mods out there) and putting them in one big file would be an easy download for fast users, and less confusing.

Either that, or put all of the works of one individual (ie. All of Marco's stuff) in one package, so if you like a particular artist, you could get all of their stuff in one conveniant package.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Major Tom:

Although this might be better suited for the 'mod' area, I was thinking that possibly creating 'mod-packs', like the Madmatt mod packs, might be a desierable thing, especially with the increasing number of High Speed users.

I find it difficult to keep track of all of the multiple small mods, based on individual vechicles and such. I go to different sites, and invariably download the same thing (just named differently!)

The 'Normandy' mod is a first step in large mod making.

Collecting the best of the best (this may be very difficult with all of the high quality mods out there) and putting them in one big file would be an easy download for fast users, and less confusing.

Either that, or put all of the works of one individual (ie. All of Marco's stuff) in one package, so if you like a particular artist, you could get all of their stuff in one conveniant package.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Major Tom,

On the surface, I have to say that your idea seems like a good one. I felt that way until I realized that we would have accept the entire package -even the parts that replace what we like better. Packages are great for those that may want them, but I prefer to pick and choose what I want without all of the file jockeying that a package pushes onto us.

I admit it. I was one who cheered MAGUA on and I have to say that I was very enthusiastic until I saw that I would first have to revert to the original bitmaps that came with the game. Gone would be the mods that which I liked the most. Yes, I could build again from there, but that seems like way too much work for a package which would be location and seasonally specific. I have not downloaded MAGUA's package beyond the Readme file, but I do use and LOVE his buildings. They are simply the best.

I just don't want to throw the baby out with the bath water. Its the individual mods for me. Anyways, it seems that we are beginning to reach a saturation point. How many different M-8 Greyhound mods do we need in order to have fun with CM? Just two. -One summer and one winter, IMHO. I'm too busy to pay too close attention to the looks of any particular vehicle. I'd rather be more intersted in what I do with them. smile.gif