Victory Flag Locations

Hoping some of you experienced scenario/operation designers can help. I would like to know if there is a way of inserting victory flag locations into an operation.

I know that the advance,assault and destroy options during setup determine victory by taking into account of speed, distance covered or casualties caused but it would suit my needs if I could place a specific value on a piece of real estate within the area of operations.

In essence, I want the holding or capture of a town after a series of battles to determine victory and see the placing of victory flags in the town as the obvious solution.

I've had the same problem in designing operations. I've wanted real estate fought over for 8 battles but can't seem to get Advance or Assault victory conditions to work out.

What I've done is demand a "manual" set of victory conditions - ie after the last battle, you use the map feature to determine the number of men listed OK, and the number of said men. Not an elegant solution, but I don't think there is another way around the victory conditions set in the Operation.

Or perhaps we're just using them incorrectly?