Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Bogged down.

Playin VOT in demo I got bogged down in the edge of the wheat field with the sherman. I tried to rotate and got imobilized.

Later I got bogged down in a soft grassy area and I then tried reverse which did get me out.

My question. ANy good guidelines here on what to do when bogged down and also how do you avoid it?

------------------

Scott Adams

Not Dilbert, Adventure!

www.msadams.com

msadams@msadams.com

oooh, finally a question I can answer.

For getting unbogged, I find reverse is ok, and I'm sure sometimes the tanks just unbog themselves anyway. I've seen it happen a few times.

The best ways not to get bogged are to try and use roads of some sort. And also, don't use fast move. On the scenario I am playing at the moment, I keep getting bogged in rail road tracks, so maybe you should avoid those also.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Scott Adams:

Playin VOT in demo I got bogged down in the edge of the wheat field with the sherman. I tried to rotate and got imobilized.

Later I got bogged down in a soft grassy area and I then tried reverse which did get me out.

My question. ANy good guidelines here on what to do when bogged down and also how do you avoid it?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

1. Reverse use to be a sure fire way but BTS tweaked it so that it is not guaranteed anymore so just go for reverse or else let the tank do it itself.

2. Shermans suck and are notorious for bogging. Unless it is dry out you should anyway be worried about bogging. Try to avoid climbing hills when it is wet or worse out. This is almost a guaranteed bogging. If it is wet or muddy out then stick to the roads and only venture off if you have to.

Now the German tanks have VERY good flotation. Under the vehicle stats (select the vehicle and then hit numpad enter) you should see the PSI of the vehicle. 11 psi is pretty good and you usually don't have to worry too much. Most Shermans are 13 psi which is BAD.

Jeff

------------------

I once killed a six pack just to watch it die.

The golden rule of bogging- The slower you go, the less likely you are to bog down. Also, avoid bad terrain, especially scattered trees when the ground conditions are bad.

BTS says that the orders you give after a tank bogs have no effect on whether the tank will unbog or not. Maybe it's just a placebo effect, but I usually tell them to reverse a short distance when they get bogged down.

It's really too bad vehicles in CM can't rock themselves out of bad terrain in four wheel low like in real life.

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

-Commercial fishing in Kodiak, Alaska