Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Some little changes in mine warfare I will like to see.

I think this very minor tweaks are in the scope and are feasible with the actual engine without a lot of coding (I can be wrong, of course):

1 - Make the Mine Tiles having "directionality" (a face in which they are more effective). The RL measure of density in minefields is linear density: the amount of mines you have in front in a path.

2 - Make normal Mine Tiles visible, as Daisy Chains, but not allowed to automatical removal, as actual Mine tiles in CMBO. And cheaper.

3 - Make a Phony Mine Tile. Same price as the cheaper visible Mine tiles.

4 - Keep the invisible Mine tiles to use as booby traps and such.

5 - All above, I think will lead to the concept of mine tile as a segment of a mine field more than an isolated obstacle as is mostly used now.

I have to say it. Is long time having it in my chest smile.gif

Mine warfare is another of those areas where CM could be usefully improved. It has already been suggested in another thread (which shall remain nameless) that the assault scenarios should be altered to permit buying of mines and wire in wholesale lots, thus permitting something like historic defenses. This should be counterbalanced for the attacker by allowing expanded engineering capabilities including armored engineering vehicles.

Michael

I would like to add that i wish to be able to see kill statistics for minefields just like any other unit in CM. It would help to know how effective they were.

I like the idea of dummy minefields - it would also be great to be able to buy high intensity and low intensity minefields - the former being more expensive of course. Alternatively, different sizes of minefields would be good too.

CDIC