Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

CM Recon Updated

Jagdthing,

I'm very uneasy with your splash screen sporting a huge Nazi svatiska in the center...

Could be fine for the homepage of a neonazi group, but no way I will use this as a CM screen ! It's even illegal in Germany or even I think in the majority of Europe...

Why don't you make a "country mix" screen with say a Tiger, a Sherman, a Polish squad and a SS HT, with small flags for the various nationalities ? This will be IMO in the spirit of CM : simulating WW2, not glorifying Hitler.

BTW, if you intend the latter, I just f*ck you b*stard...

Pascal,

Then don't use it. I have already discussed my stance on this issue when I posted the previews. If you prefer, grab the Brit version next week, or the Canadian the week after that.

I will not be doing any other splash screens for the forseeable future, so take em or leave em, its up to you.

Chris

------------------

What the hell is a Jagdcarcajou?

CM Recon

Jagdcar..,

Indeed I won't use it, but moreover I find it's simply a *bad* idea.

It just helps the majority of non-grog people assimilate us with some nostalgic nazis, and I can't stand that.

Sorry, I missed the previous thread.

And apart from this svatiska, your screen is very good, too bad it's spoiled..I'll wait for your Allies screen, so.

Originally posted by Rommel22:

Seriously, what is Jagdcarjuo??!!

A Carcajou is a French (perhaps English too...) name for a Northern Canadian scavenger animal that eats dead animals (sort of like a jackal). But I have never seen one so I have no idea what it looks like.

Henri

Originally posted by Henri:

A Carcajou is a French (perhaps English too...) name for a Northern Canadian scavenger animal that eats dead animals (sort of like a jackal). But I have never seen one so I have no idea what it looks like.

Henri

my instant web search found this illustration:

carcajou.gif

I was hoping for an actualy photo but I got lazy and quit when this came up.

-tom w

Originally posted by aka_tom_w:

my instant web search found this illustration:

I was hoping for an actualy photo but I got lazy and quit when this came up.

-tom w

That drawing would be a wolverine (Gulo luscus). One of the meanest animals pound for pound in the world. An adult weighs `50 lbs and there are verifiable records of them taking adult elk 500-1000 lbs !! Nasty little buggers.

------------------

Later, Dave

[This message has been edited by Sgt Fred (edited 03-08-2001).]

Originally posted by Sgt Fred:

That drawing would be a wolverine (Gulo luscus). One of the meanest animals pound for pound in the world. An adult weighs `50 lbs and there are verifiable records of them taking adult elk 500-1000 lbs !! Nasty little buggers.

For the record:

Jagd = German for "hunting"

Carcajou = French for Wolverine

There you have it. "Why" you ask? Because all the real tank names were taken!

Chris

------------------

What the hell is a Jagdcarcajou?

CM Recon