CD refueling

We should know better by now. All Gunny ever does is drop by to start pointless threads, and then proceed to ignore any replies he gets which disagree with him, just making more posts on the original subject and trying to suppress the feeling that he's on his own. We should all just let this thread go, because we're not going to conduct a proper discussion with him. He just wants to be heard, he won't listen to dissenting voices.

wwb_99 wrote:

Oh my God! Putting a CD into a drive. That is like sooo hard.

Not hard, but very annoying if you use a laptop and have to lug the drive around.

Having to put the CD into the drive doesn't usually matter much for me, but one particular software firm lost all possibilities of me buying any of their products, ever.

My father bought one of their programs to use it in his laptop. There was no mention anywhere in the ads that it required the CD to be in the drive. I wrote a polite email to them and asked why this is the case. Their answer could be summarized to "screw you, pay us more if you want to do that". I did then some searching in their website and actually found a mention of the requirement. Hiddne behind a broken link (there was a typo in the link text). I emailed their webmaster about that problem but the typo was still there a year later.

- Tommi