Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Modified Quick Battles

For those of you who are tired of the same-old, same old (King Tiger v. Super Pershing battles, Puppchens on every corner and general CM min-max tactics) AND you cannot trust those Historical Scenarios to be double-blind (Did your opponent play it before? He says he did NOT, but, geesh, he seemed to know where all my forces were at the beginning) I give to you the Modified Quick Battle or MQB!

Quite simply, I create a QB, modify it and purchase troops for both sides. I use economically balanced, HISTORICAL troop mixes. This does not mean you will not ever see a KT or "Little Doll". It just means you will actually see PzIVs, regular American Rifle Squads and a variety of combat variations. YOU WILL LEARN TO USE A WIDE RANGE OF EQUIPMENT AND TROOPs.

Basic RULES: You will know TWO THINGS: What type of scenario and time period. There may be movable set-up, there may not. There may be reinforcements, there may not. (IF there are presumed reinforcements...a SET-Up box will indicate. No set-up Box, no reinforcements. If all men are frozen and there is no set-up box, NO Reinforcements.)

These MQB are best played PBEM or IP. To keep things fresh, these MQB are T-Saved and I will not give out a MQB more than a day after it is created. If somebody offers to play you in a particular MQB a few days after I (or somebody else..hint..hint) creates it, be wary...your opponent may have already played it. Use the freshest MQBs you can find.

IF you want to play the first MQB "Nov44_Meet" (A meeting Engagement in Nov_44) go to DOGs of War message board at http://members.tripod.com/johnnocm/ by 9pm EST to get my email and I will zip one over to you. Remember: These are purposely bare-bones scenarios to increase the mystery factor and cost of production. There are no Briefings.

After you have played a MQB, please GIVE the MQB-maker your comments

Strange... I've never ever (okay, once, and I was even warned in the briefing) even seen a KT or Pershing in a PBEM...

Come to think of it, I've never seen a Puppchen in any of my PBEM's either...

Must be the class of people I'm playing!

I want KT's and Pershings too-hoo! biggrin.gif

------------------

I prefer an enemy who's willing to die for his country. That way both him and me have the same aim in mind.

Excellent. I have received a dozen+ requests and, if this works out, I hope others will provide the same service to this board. If you took one of my MQBs, please send me a note on how it is working out.

[This message has been edited by Atlas (edited 01-03-2001).]

Very Interesting.

Would stop people from min/maxing in QB's.

Some of the buys were no brainers for each side.

Germs always should get 300 MM rockets, KT, Strumkompanie and at least 3 or 4 Puppechens at 26 bucks each. Plus a tom 75 guns from vehicle list.

The Allies should always get Pershings and Jumbos and probably a 90mm gun or M36 and if they can afford it some Glider Inf preferably a company.

That is roughly the standard min/max procedure.

This would snuff that out.

We could find out if people can win without their Precious KT's smile.gif

No wonder all the Gronnards are ignoring this post. They will have prove they are capable of winning with out their standard min max fare.

Very Interesting. What maybe more interesting is everyones silence on this idea.

Ghost of the 358th