a quick question to BTS/experienced CMers.

I recently played my first TH ladder game, it was the hardest and most enjoyable game of CM I've played to date. One thing I've never encountered in multiplayer or human V AI before, is a blue LOS line (from AT guns to a tank) with a kill chance but no hit chance. ie kill=exellent, hit=0%. Have i found a new bug or is it simply my opponent getting the perfect HD postion?

Comments appreciated.

[ 04-08-2001: Message edited by: Londoner ]

[ 04-08-2001: Message edited by: Londoner ]

Personally I have never seen 0% but there could be several factors involved which you didn't mention, such as size of the target, range to target, intervening terrain obstructions, type of gun firing etc.

Ron

Gun was 75mm PAK, target was a Jackson, range was about 400m. Tank was HD on a hill almost directly opposite the ATG. The 75mm was also half way up a large hill, so it was firing at only a slight angle. There were some small patches of scattered trees and woods in the lowland in between. Still there was a blue LOS. The ATG fired a rounds worth of shots and missed (all going skyward). Next round the target hadn't moved, i STILL had a blue LOS line and STILL 0% hit chance. I decided to put the gun back on hide because the Jacko hadn't fired at it as yet, and further shooting seemed pointless. Didnt matter, it had been spotted and was destroyed with off map artillery fire a round later. I see what your saying lads, about 'shreks/Pups' etc having a max range, hence a 0%hit chance but this was definately a 75mm ATG. My opponent said he saves every round of every ladder game, i might be able to get a file of the game if that would help, if he hasnt deleted it.

[ 04-10-2001: Message edited by: Londoner ]

Thanks m8, at least someone else has seen this and I'm not going mad. smile.gif However no, there was no building within 50-100m of the Jackson. It was simply perched on top of a fair sized hill with scattered trees, which had a lip giving a good HD position. In fact, the postion was so good I couldnt help thinking my opponent would use it. Thats why i put 2 ATGs on the opposite hill, I didnt fancy risking my Panther or/and Tiger in a straight duel with any decent Allied TD situated in such a superb spot. From memory, at least 1 gun {though maybe both) had this weird blue LOS/0% hit chance line.

[ 04-10-2001: Message edited by: Londoner ]