What to download (for new CM owners...)

Hello there... I placed my order a few days ago and I'm still waiting for it's arrival... In the mean-time, do I only need to Download and apply the most up-to-date patch or must I d/l them in succession? Also.. what "mods" are most of you using, and should the new player even be interested in using them...

Thanks,

Steve.

------------------

I used to fly like Peter Pan... ICQ 4563504

Well actually, you'll need the v1.05 patch first. Then get the v1.1b24 Beta patch. The final v1.1 patch won't require the game to be v1.05 before patching.

As for mods, why wouldn't you? That's like saying I've got a fixer-up house here, it looks alright, but it sure could use a coat of paint, but I think I won't.

CM's structure allows everything to be mooded, graphically and soundly. I don't think I use a dozen of the original textures. Everything else has been modded to look much better than the originals.

First grab the MDMP (Mad Dog Mod Packs) they include a few vehicles and uniforms that aren't available outside the packs.

Then for other vehicles and stuff get what you like. There's a lot of cool hi-res mods out there that will drastically change the quality of the US and UK Shermans.

But for a MASSIVE makeover, grab DD's Terrain mods and Panzertruppen's buildings. These will totally improve the over-all look of the game terrain wise.