Mantlet Ricochet Penetration of Panther

Currently researching mantlet ricochets off rounded Panther mantlet for a probability model, and CM board assistance would be appreciated.

Could someone point me to the web site where the story on the fellow who specialized in these penetrations is located.

And point me towards any past CM threads on this subject.

The Canadian chap who made an art with his mantlet bounce penetrations seemed to indicate that the mantlet area where a hit had to strike was very small, and that the effectiveness of the hit depended upon a round wounding or killing a crew member.

This seems to suggest that the Canadians were using 75mm APCBC without an HE burster, just like the British. Can anyone verify if the Canadians used inert fillers in their ammo in place of the HE material.

Thanks for any help.

I saw an interesting pic of a panther mantlet penetration. The area penetrated was the lower rounded part. The round appears to have gone up into the armor! From the angle, it couldnt have bounced off the upper hull. It might have been that the gun was fully raised and the panther was going over some obstacle when hit.