CM Players NYC Gathering

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SS Peiper:

Hey Yankee Dog, Dan Lamb I grow up around there use to live on 111th st between Amsterdam and Broadway. How's the West End bar like these days? I use to hang out there in the mid to late 70's. Did any of you guys grow up around there?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

109, 110, 111... :D

I'm a newcomer to the area Peiper... been here a year... wife's at Columbia for graduate school. West End is still fun, a bit young for my tastes. V&T still serves up the good italian tho ;)

Yankee Dog mebbe you'll have luck buying... real-estate is heading down a little bit. :(smile.gif:(smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Triumvir:

Heh, looks like we're set, Peiper! Down in the East Village, this Friday. And much grog will be drunk by us beernards... whoops started already.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Looks good to me. Ill see your drunk ass there.

BUMP

and

If any of you guys planning to show up would like to bring a digital camera, we could post a picture like the Washington crew did.

I would do that, but I don't have such a camera.

(Even if nobody shows up, I can't think of a better way to spend a friday evening, quietly boozing and reading Doubler's book.)

I'll try to drop by as well. Maybe I missed this crucial bit of info, but how will we recognize "the group"? Do we have a secret code of sorts? What I don't want to do is to go up to some guy, make eye contact, ask him if he likes playing war games, and then get my ass beat to a pulp.

I'll be the guy that bumps into a table or chair and goes "OWWW, MY LEG!"

Murph

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Murph:

I'll try to drop by as well. Maybe I missed this crucial bit of info, but how will we recognize "the group"? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, i dunno about a secret code, but I said I'd bring my copy of the CMBO manual and prop it up on the table. Also, Ill be reading doubler's book, Closing with the Enemy.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Triumvir:

Aaargh. Won't be able to make it this Friday, alas. I've got to do cleanup duty after my move. Down a few for me instead!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You will pay for this insolence.

OTOH, maybe you'll just have to drink twice as much at the second one.

Hey NY CMers... I got to Burp Castle at about 9:20 and, seeing only couples, I asked a young "monk" if there had been a group of guys that had come and gone.

Breaking his vow of silence with no hesitation whatsoever, he said there were four "gentlemen" that had left about 10 minutes earlier.

If that was ya'll, sorry I missed out!

Dan

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dan Lamb:

If that was ya'll, sorry I missed out!

Dan<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

hey, it wasn't me. I got there about 630 and stayed for an hour, but I was the only one, so I figured everyone else got Busy