Protopovka - Exiting units

I've done a search and it looks like this scenario hasn't been discussed yet. Has anyone played it? I'm starting a PBEM game as the Russians and have a question about exiting some units. I'm supposed to exit the 'exhausted' engineers located at the victory flag the furthest from the exit side. Does it make more sense to just place them as close to the exit side as possible during setup which leaves that victory flag unguarded, but guarentees their safe exit, or leave them as the game defaults.

Basically I'm asking if it is better to just try to remove the units your supposed to 'exit' ASAP or to use them to defend first?

Please don't provide any 'spoilers' about the German troop strength or where they are coming from (although I pretty much can guess where they are coming from).

Thanks,

Kuch

Your dilemma (as far as your pioneer plt.) is what makes this game (and this scenario) so much fun. You will have to figure it out for yourself.

You will have to guess how long it takes for them to recover and be useful and effective.

We played this pbem a while back and found it interesting.

Good luck,

Ken

Guest Mike

I'm in the middle of this as the Russians right now, and all I can say is......

.......make a decision Comrade!!

lol

Ain't nuthin' what it looks like........

Well, thanks for the help you B*stards! tongue.gif

Of course you guys are right, the game is more fun if I figure it out for myself. However, I have never played an exit game before so I have no idea if "in general" that it is better to pull troops off the map ASAP or to do a fighting retreat (wrt final victory points). I think I saw a post discussing how victory points are awarded in exit games in the general forum. I guess I'll give that a read.

Thnx for replying anyway,

Kuch