Medieval Village/Rommel 1916

Hello all:

I posted two new battles last night to Scenario Depot.

Medieval Village:

Straight forward German assualt across a narrow front. Setting is an old town on the Polish/Ukrainian border, June 1941. AI will give you a game with either side, but best played as Germans. (You'll have to use your imagination to see the ancient fortifications... Belgian beer helps!!)

Rommel at Kurpenul (1916)

Based on the action described in Rommel's book "Attacks". Germans enter village in fog shrouded mountain valley and discover the enemy is approaching in force from the opposite side of town. Set with Russians and 1941 equipment. Was trying to get historical perspective. Best played as Germans vs. AI or head-to-head. For solo, experienced players should set Russian troop quality a little higher.

Hope you enjoy. Feedback appreciated.

Bannon

[ July 02, 2003, 12:11 AM: Message edited by: Bannon DC ]

• 2 weeks later...

Stoffel --

Which scenario? Rommel I'm guessing.

Also, I dl'ed your scenario and I just started it. Made me go back to the manual to research best way to deal with those tricky things in the ground. (don't want to spoil). I'll finish and review... but I need to retrieve my Rommel book first (lent it to friend) since I want to review the Jevzek action.

ALSO for all:

Note: I did change the German reinforcements on the Rommel at Kurpenul. I thought the Germans had too much... I did play test extensively but I did not have 3rd party input. New reinforcements are slightly reduced Company (believe I took out a squad or two) without the mortar support as indicated. Witness to my lazyness, I accidently overwrote the German overview and did not spend the time to recreate it. smile.gif