Does rain/wet ground affect smoke?

I'm asking this for two reasons, does the game engine shorten the length of time that smoke lingers in a rain situation and does wet ground swallow the smoke rounds?

I've been playing a scenario where it's raining and smoke seems to go away faster. Is this just my imagination (or need for the smoke to linger longer)? Also I have some Priests firing smoke and have watched the rounds hit and see a splash (well, that's what it looks like, certainly not an explosion but does leave a spot on the ground!) and since I was clicked on the vehicle during this time I was watching the # of smoke rounds go down with each shot. I sort of expected the smoke to begin at any moment but 2 minutes later it still hasn't begun. Could it just be burrowing into the wet ground and therefore not making the smoke. I've even noticed that my vehicles seem to have a reluctunce to fire the smoke when ordered to. I'll click on the vehicle and as soon as I hit go they instantly shift ammo and target to something else (maddeningly distant to the action I might add).

One more question, if it shows that the vehicle is reloading at the time I issue the order to shift to smoke ammo does this simply change the round going in to smoke and does this create a delay? If the gun is already loaded does the round in the chamber have to be fired/removed before a smoke round is put in the breach (creating a reload delay)?

This isn't a scenario specific question, more of a weather specific type. :confused

PS. Spellchecker seems to be down right now, pardon my spelling!------------------

NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition! Our chief weapon is surprise...surprise and fear...fear and surprise.... Our two weapons are fear and surprise...and ruthless efficiency.... Our *three* weapons are fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency...and an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope.... Our *four*...no... *Amongst* our weapons.... Amongst our weaponry...are such elements as fear, surprise.... I'll come in again.

[This message has been edited by Goofy (edited 02-06-2001).]

I don't know if CM models it or how, but yes smoke was much less effective in wet conditions, and rain in particular would beat what smoke was produced back out of the air rather quickly. If you've seen it, they probably modeled it; it is there to model from real life.

On the reloading question, I have never noticed any appreciable delay, but I do not know it for certain. The time lost would be very small anyway, averaging half the spacing between two shots.

For what it is worth.