Help with installing Mods

Sorry to bore you all with this.Im having problems with installing the Sky Texture Mod.I managed to D\L it OK,but am confused with the installation procedures.(At 69 everything is confusing!)Anyway,how do I change the bmp name to get rid of the 'A','B',or 'C'suffix,and do I Delete the bmp's I dont want afterwards,before I Copy them into the BMP Folder? I wish someone would do a Primer on basic D\L's and Installations of Mods for us less than brilliant players,and over-the-hill CM afficianados!

To change the name of a file (get rid of the A, B, C) left click on the file. Click on it again, but slowly. (Not double-click speed)

OR

Left click the file. Right click and select "Rename" from the pop-up menu.

This should switch it to filename editing mode. Now use you text editing technique to scroll over to the A, B, or C and delete the offending letter. wink.gif One note, the B set has a VERY starry night sky.

You do not have to delete the files that you don't use. That is is you unzip them into their own separate folder before you transfer them into the Cmbo\bmp folder. But if you unzip them directly into the bmp folder, then yeah, you will want to delete them, otherwise the folder will start to get cluttered with erroneous files.

[This message has been edited by Maximus (edited 01-19-2001).]

My God... someone who actually remembers WW2... smile.gif

Well, assuming you're using Windows on a PC and not a Mac, to change the file name just right-click on the file in question. You should get a drop-down menu, on which will be the option "rename". Just click on that and type in the new file name, or edit the existing name.

I'm not familiar with the mod you are installing, so I can't help more than that, sorry.

------------------

Massada Lo Tipol Shenit

To change the bmp name (with Windows) right click on the file name and chose "rename" from the menu. It will turn blue and the cursor will blink. Use your arrow keys to move the cursor to the character you want to edit and delete the A, B, or C, or you could just retype the bmp number and leave off the letter. After you have removed the letter from the files you want to use you should have one bmp for each bmp number in the group. Then you can copy and paste all the bmps into your CMBO/BMP folder. You can keep all the files, even the ones you didn't rename, so that you can switch back and forth among the different sky files in case you don't like the one you picked. The ones you don't use will still have the letter, so they will not conflict with the bmps without letters. CM only uses the files with the numbers and ignores the others. Or you can delete the files that you don't want to use if you want to save space on your hard drive. I hope this was clear enough. If not, just ask more questions.

Guest Der Unbekannte Jäger

I am terribly sorry if my instructions got a little muddled in the readme. I even had myself confused a few times. smile.gif And I thank you for your interest in my skymod sir.

And on another different note if anyone that has downloaded my mod is on a mac could you please let me know if the skies worked for you? (my email addy is in my profile) Thank you in advance.

------------------

"The world is wide, and I will not waste my life in friction when it could be turned into momentum."