Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

rubble in the road

i think we are all holding our breaths for CM:BB to come out. and ofcourse along with that will come a full load of new options, and the eastern front will bring lots of city fights.

now heres my question: we have a rubbled building terrain, but what about rubble/debries in the roads? we have all seen the pictures of a bombed out or a city that has had HEAVY fighting, are the streets nicely swept with little bushes? so why are our troops so exposed in the street? i would like to see a new "rubble" for the street terrain or something that would allow us to fight in the road without getting waxed. isnt that where they mostly fought? around the buildings not in them?

opinions and comments?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chad Harrison:

i think we are all holding our breaths for CM:BB to come out. and ofcourse along with that will come a full load of new options, and the eastern front will bring lots of city fights.

now heres my question: we have a rubbled building terrain, but what about rubble/debries in the roads? we have all seen the pictures of a bombed out or a city that has had HEAVY fighting, are the streets nicely swept with little bushes? so why are our troops so exposed in the street? i would like to see a new "rubble" for the street terrain or something that would allow us to fight in the road without getting waxed. isnt that where they mostly fought? around the buildings not in them?

opinions and comments?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

dump roadblocks so they partially cover the roads. they even use the same texture as rubble

Yes a road block would work for setting up , but what about during play ? I believe this would bring a new tactical twist to a battle. Suddenly u'r avenue of approach is now blocked (to vehicles anyway) and now u may need to change u'r strategy during play.

Falling rubble would add a nice new twist to things I may say.

I like your idea, but would like to add some things of my own:

1) When a building explodes or topples over, it never does it in the same way twice. One time the whole structure may spray itself over a wide area, and lightly cover all roads with debree, but not enough to block movement, but only hinder it (chance of bogging present). Other time, a building will collapse to one side only, completely covering one avenue of approach (can't move vehicles through). Still other times, a building collapses in on itself and we see what we have in CMBO now.

My idea:

If BTS is to seriously take up city combat, they may consider something like this: If a building is destroyed, either by arty, engineers, tanks, etc., a random "dice roll" should be made. This will determine, out of a given many options, how the buildings will collapse.

Some possible collapses:

a) Building collapses in on itself, not blocking anything around it.

B) Building explodes completely, covering all tiles adjacent to it with debree, but not enough to completely immboilize vehicles, and provieds only slight inf cover.

c) Building topples to one side. Another dice roll can determine which side the building collapses to. The side which the building collapsed on is impassable to vehicles and provides good inf cover.

---

OK, comments?

EDIT: Because I can't spell this bloody late.

[ 10-04-2001: Message edited by: The Commissar ]