fatigue recovery?

Pausing for half a turn can help... You also want to try to end a turn in cover, so you often stop movement before a turn is completed.

I find that my troops can still recover while "moving", albeit not as fast as while stationary. So what I often do is "move" through cover, and "run" across open areas. This method tends to keep my troops from getting too tuckered smile.gif

It should be noted that I generally use veteran troops, which do not tire as easily as the regulars...

Panzerschrecks and bazookas still tire somewhat using this technique, and require the occasional rest stop.

Hope this helps.

I'm curious about this as well. I ran a few tests, but without more precise fatigue indicators, it's hard to say precisely what's going on.

Here's all I can offer:

Fatigue is measured in minutes spent running, not in distance covered. So running for a minute through forest is just as tiring as running for a minute across open ground.

The experience difference in fatigue is miniscule. I raced three squads: conscript, regular, and elite. The difference in time to Weary between the conscripts and the elites was about ten seconds. Maybe the elites recover from fatigue faster than the conscripts - I dunno. I haven't thought of a solid way to test fatigue recovery.

Here's a related question: Your men can still run while Tired. They stop running when Weary (a bad time to be caught in open ground). Is Tired just a warning that the men are drawing towards Weary, or is it also an indication that they will not fight as well?

[This message has been edited by Leonidas (edited 03-21-2001).]

Originally posted by Leonidas:

Fatigue is measured in minutes spent running, not in distance covered. So running for a minute through forest is just as tiring as running for a minute across open ground.

Terrain does matter-- running in snow is very tiring to troops, and presumably mud as well.

Here's a related question: Your men can still run while Tired. They stop running when Weary (a bad time to be caught in open ground). Is Tired just a warning that the men are drawing towards Weary, or is it also an indication that they will not fight as well?

I think there was a post from BTS some time in the past that they don't shoot any less accurately when they're tired. They can't sneak though when they're weary (they pant too loudly).

------------------

"I HATE THIS GAME, YOU AND THIS SCENARIO" -jd

Tired troops will react more poorly to enemy fire than similar-experience troops who are rested.

I don't think there are any "cumulative effects" in fatigue. Being tired for one turn carries the same penalty, and takes as long to go away, as being tired for more than one turn (as long as tired doesn't turn to weary)

Similarly, if you rest troops for 1 turn and then run them for 10, they'll get tired in the same amount of time if you'd rested them for 10 turns and then run them for 10.

DjB