QB force points? FAQ?

I've perused all of the FAQ's, and searched the manual, but perhaps I'm just missing this.

It seems that in all scenario types other than "Meeting Engagement," the attacker gets a point advantage even if Handicap is set to "none." Why? Couldn't I just give 'em an advantage myself, if I thought they needed it?

What are the percentage numbers for this advantage? Can I cancel it with one of the Handicap choices? (I'm away from my installed version of CM at the moment, so I can't check the numbers myself.)

Thanks,

D

Originally posted by Ales Dvorak:

What advantage?

A point advantage, as I said above. The attackers are allowed more points to spend on their force than the defenders. This, despite the handicap setting (which I thought was supposed to control this), being set to "none."

D

The attacker gets a 50% bonus, IIRC. Therefore, if you are playing a 1000 point attack, the defender will get 1000 points; the attacker will get 1500.

------------------

The Last Defense- Made any scenarios? Send them here!

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

You can take the advantage away by giving the attacker a handicap, when you think they *don't* need it.

The default numbers edge for attackers just reflects the fact that attackers, attacked, precisely because they did have a local edge in numbers. I mean, that is where attacks come from - LOL. In fact, the usual attackers edge was considerably larger than the default level in CM, but to get a decent fight only a modest edge is given to them.

The defender starts with the objectives in attacks. That is the "compensation". The attack has to go through him, or destroy his defenses, or displace him. If an attacker sits on his board edge, he will lose the game. Whereas in a meeting engagement, if both sides sit still the result will be a draw.