New AussieJeff DFDR Mods - More Preview Pics

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AussieJeff:

These got whipped up in my latest dust storm!!! I really like the look of the new rubble........ hope you do too!

Hope y'all aren't running out of H/drive storage space :D

Good luck with the "Pale Pack #1" download.

AussieJeff<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

---------------------------------------------

As for the harddrive space, thats why I went out and got a CD burner. I already have one CD with over 700 meg of mods. Now my mod folder on my PC is getting full again. So at the wait you and others plus myself now, are whipping these mods out, I will be making another CD soon.

I tried to download the Pale Pack. The download failed, and now the link for the Pack in DFDR is gone.

Whats the deal?

How long do think it will be before you have all the Pale version done?(Just wondering)

Thanks

Shatter

Heh heh......Thanks PDF!! :D

Yeah, that church does look out of place........ but I believe it was erected by the British 8th Footinmouth Engineer Battalion after a stirring victory over the 123rd Achtunghimmelmeingott SS Infantry Regiment - hence the European flavour!!!

;)

Have fun!! More DFDR mods in the mill ....

AussieJeff

heh heh...

Good one Joe!!

Well, how's about some previews of DFDR mods I completed today!!

First, a new stone wall............

View?u=1685912&a=13253823&p=50642111

second, a new "stone" MG bunker

View?u=1685912&a=13253823&p=50642103

and third, DFDR'd low bridges

View?u=1685912&a=13253823&p=50642270

Ho hum ...... now it's back to the day job!!

:D

[ 06-19-2001: Message edited by: AussieJeff ]

Alright, about that Mosque. At the end of the initial DFDR charge, I ran out of steam with one building not completed. The Mosque. I admit to simply being burned out on the project at the time.

After it's (quasi)completion, I was lax in coming back to the Mosque. Someone did mail me recently asking if they could do some Mosque textures for the site. Hopefully we'll see them soon.

With the addition of Jeff, things have really picked up again on the North African front. Look to the site every weekend for updates and tweaks! Great work Jeff!

Hi MaxM2..

The rocks were actually 're-created' over the "Tall Pines" tile (there not being much use for tall pines in desert environments!)

View?u=1685912&a=13253823&p=50697335

As you can see, I've just altered the original 'rocks' in the previous pic to a more dusty/sandblasted look with smaller sizes - it actually looks like a dust storm is brewing!! These new rocks will be available at WWW.DFDR.NET soon (hopefully this weekend)

Actually, creating a new tile is easy, just paste whatever you have created using your natty software (Photoshop etc...) into the original tile BMP so the sizes and name remain the same. If you want to make a hi-res tile, just resize the image x2.

Cheers,

AussieJeff

[ 06-21-2001: Message edited by: AussieJeff ]

Aussie, add a little light fog to this and bob is your uncle. I used that in some of the scenarios I created for the desert. It added a surreal look there and with your new work it would look even better.

MikeT

Hi Mike!

How's the Scenario Master going??? ;)

I've played quite a few of your DFDR scenarios via PBEM (blind - no lookup) and most of them have been GREAT!! Good play balance in most instances, with realistic looking desert environments and both players having to struggle hard to achieve a favorable outcome ... just how it should be!

I agree with the fog option ... a light fog can make those 'desert' vistas look absolutely stunning :D

Oh well ... I'd better get back to whipping up some more "Pale Pack" mods - the more I do, the better my games seem to look!! Funny that ....... smile.gif

Cheers,

AussieJeff

Hey AussieJeff

Everything looking great, I can't wait for the whole pale conversion to be completed. I know it will be a while yet.

I just wanted to thankyou for the whole pale conversion, it is looking great.

I have really got into modding, thats why I have not been around for several days. It was starting to stress me, so I had to take a break from modding and my PC all together.

Right now I am making a mod for the Church in DFDR. It's looking good, I am planning on creating it to fit in with your pale pack.

Shatter

[ 06-22-2001: Message edited by: Shatter ]

Thanks for the compliment, Shatter....... glad you like the new look. I can assure you the desert environment will look even better with the new stone bunkers/walls/roads and rocks mods soon to arrive at www.dfdr.net ;)

In the meantime, good luck with the church/mosque mod. I guess you are in the process of finding out how time consuming the 'mod game' can be :D .

I look forward to seeing it when you are happy with the result smile.gif .

Cheers,

AussieJeff

[ 06-23-2001: Message edited by: AussieJeff ]

Hi Mike!

Heh ...... smile.gif Unfortunately I haven't reached the CACTUS stage yet!! I'm not so sure the troops would like to crawl through hedges of cactus now, do you?? heh heh....

Maybe a scenario based in Mexico could use that mod though!!

AussieJeff

Aussie, I do have a scenario that mentions that cacti were there. Club and I also discussed this since a net search showed that cacti were in Tunisia. For now I will just use the walls as is and continue working on the scenario.

MikeT