Armour removed between battles....

Just an observation on CM from a newbie....

I am playing one of the operations (Carentan) and notice that knocked out or abandoned armour is removed from the field between battles. I was dissapointed to see this as it takes away some of the continuity between the battles and furthermore (in my particular situation) I had created a formidable road block of three knocked out Shermans...I assumed this would cause the AI to advance over the fields to the side of the road thus slowing their advance.

CM is still a superb attempt at warfare simulation and I am not overly concerned by this but I did wonder if the designers did it for a reason ?

Thanks in advance for any comments.....

Abandoned armour is often repaired betwen battles...which actually ENHANCES the continuity!! smile.gif

This will happen provided the vehicle is still within your area at the end of the battle, so to prevent the enemy doing it yuo should advance to capture his hulks, or keep shooting at them until the brew up - you can keep targeting abandoned vehicles to do this.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Stalin's Organ:

Abandoned armour is often repaired betwen battles...which actually ENHANCES the continuity!! smile.gif

This will happen provided the vehicle is still within your area at the end of the battle, so to prevent the enemy doing it yuo should advance to capture his hulks, or keep shooting at them until the brew up - you can keep targeting abandoned vehicles to do this.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not always, as I had an enemy Stug dragged away while surrounded by two full strength Brit para squads.

Guest Babra

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jeff Duquette:

Just out of curiosity what is the typical length of time covered in an operation. Does it represent days of action or only hours? I’m to lazy to read manual.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's up to the operation designer. All battles could take place on the same day or over several days and nights.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kingfish:

Not always, as I had an enemy Stug dragged away while surrounded by two full strength Brit para squads.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

They most likely cannibalised the StuG for parts. ;)