Wayne Rutledge "Hans",please look.....

I have been trying to download your scenario at The Scenario Depot for a few days now.The scenario is question is "Small Battles, Bidermann's Gun".Seems all i get is an empty zip file :confused: .I dont have problems d/l'ing any others from there,could you or someone show my what im doing wrong,or please fix the file or somefink!

BTW,i love the smaller battles you have done,great for tcp/ip or PBEM,but also great against the AI.When im looking for a litle CM action,and dont want a ridiculous looking QB,your scenarios "hit the spot",not too short,not too long.I also like the smaller amount of points involved.I encourage you,as well as others,to keep making scenarios like these.

Thanks!

nevermind,

I just downloaded "Small Battles, Bidermann's Gun". I successfully unzipped the 17kb zip file to a 18k CME file. I have also looked at the internal structure of the file and it seems fine.

Unfortunately (on many levels) I'm at work and cannot load up the file in CMBB...can anyone else help us out here?

What is the size of the respective files you download/unzip?

Originally posted by Admiral Keth:

nevermind,

I just downloaded "Small Battles, Bidermann's Gun". I successfully unzipped the 17kb zip file to a 18k CME file. I have also looked at the internal structure of the file and it seems fine.

Unfortunately (on many levels) I'm at work and cannot load up the file in CMBB...can anyone else help us out here?

What is the size of the respective files you download/unzip?

The size is 16.8 kb.I dont understand why it isnt working.Granted i am not using winzip,or any similar program,i am using the unzipping ability/utility built into winXP home.

I have never had problems like this before,and have never had a file from the scenario depot that wouldnt unzip.I can also normally double click a zip file and it will let me see what is inside it,without having to unzip.The file in question is empty and wont unzip :confused: :confused:

What am i to do? :(

Again,thanks!

[ May 16, 2003, 11:13 AM: Message edited by: nevermind ]

Admiral Keth,

Thank you very much for your effort.I can indeed play the scenario now :D

I would also like to thank you for the effort involved in running one of the most valued websites pertaining to CM.It is people like you that make CM the great game it is. smile.gif

Thank you!

Yes, the problem is that XP will not read about 5% of the scenario files posted at the Depot and elsewhere. Instead of buying new software, I just put the downloaded zip file on a foppy; take it to my old P-II running windows 98 and open it with the Net Zip I have on that machine. Since I'm an old wargamer and not a computer person, it took me a while to figure this out.