New twist on an old classic- MOD WIP

pubimage.asp?id_=1884339

I always wanted a hasty tricolor cammo Panzer IV, so for my first attempt at a mod, I thought I'd take a stab at modifying Gordon's "Hasty HJ" version (with his permission of course) based on Fernando's mod. I haven't really done much other than add the rotbraun, tweak the turret numbers, and do a couple of other minor adjustments, but I thought I'd post it here for comments, criticism, suggestions, etc. Bear in mind, though, that it's a first attempt. ;)

[ March 19, 2003, 03:31 AM: Message edited by: Dressler ]

Well here I was all ready to go get it but I think I'll wait until you post it somewhere or if you wouldn't mind you could email it to me. I really would like to have it. I personally think it looks very nice and would sure use it. Oh and what is a rotbraun?

Thanks Lee. I haven't posted it for download quite yet. I'm still tweaking on it somewhat, I guess it's the anal model builder in me coming out. I can zip it and mail it to you though and you can test it if you'd like.

Oh, rotbraun is German for "Red-Brown". That's another model builder quirk in me I guess.

Thanks for your feedback. For some reason, the 808 looks a little more stark in that screenshot than it actually does in game. I'll take a look at it though, and see if I can blend it in better.

The redbrown was the result of a lot of trial and error. All my earlier efforts always looked too red or orange for my tastes.

It is on my machine. I just write extra ruleset options on an existing tab on CMMOS (usually the generic one at the start of the row) and name the bmp's to fit it. I suppose I could write a separate ruleset and create a new tab, but I've avoided doing that out of fear that it might clash with some new official ruleset in the future.