New CM Splashscreen - A tribut to Marco Bergman

Guest Tom

splash.jpg

Hi all ,

inspired by Marco Bergman´s new Sherman modpack I made a new opening screen for CM ( including two new menu button sets - transparent & red ( as seen in the picture ). The filesize is 1.2 MB and you can get it from the " goodies " section of my " mod " site:This time from the German AND the international sites :)

Big plans for this weekend: Mike Duplessis new French/German Hotel ,M36 , T10 , Jumbo mods and several new US divisional insignia patches for DD´s & Gunslingers uniform mods will be added soon... A general workout of the international pages ( broken links and layout ) is also " on the way " ).

Regards

Thomas Klimisch

------------------

Visit Toms Combat Mission HQ ( bilingual site ) at http://home.germany.net/101-77027/CM/TCMHQ.html

Guest SS Peiper

Tom the new spashscreen looks great,how about a updated German splashscreen with Kittys King Tiger?? smile.gif

SS Peiper

[This message has been edited by SS Peiper (edited 02-24-2001).]

Ok ,

now we have a KT and a SdkfZ 251 on the screen , but I am still missing one detail:

I am looking for the type of FONT that was used for the headlines in the German WWII magazine " Signal "...Can anybody help ???

Thanks in Advance

Tom

------------------

Visit Toms Combat Mission HQ ( bilingual site ) at http://home.germany.net/101-77027/CM/TCMHQ.html

I have noticed, Tom, with your US Insig mod, that you put the Airborne insig patch under the US flag on the right arm. I have seen pictures of where the flag is on the right arm and the unit insig is on the left arm. I think that you should do this when applying the insigs to DDs unis.

------------------

"Nuts!"

-Brigadier General Anthony McAuliffe

[This message has been edited by Sgt Eagle (edited 02-25-2001).]

Originally posted by Sgt Eagle:

I have noticed, Tom, with your US Insig mod, that you put the Airborne insig patch under the US flag on the right arm. I have seen pictures of where the flag is on the right arm and the unit insig is on the left arm. I think that you should do this when applying the insigs to DDs unis.

Divisional insignia on the right arm indicated previous combat service with that division - not current service, so Sgt Eagle is correct. Current employment in a division was recognized by wearing the shoulder sleeve insignia on the left arm (only).

I think it was relatively rare for soldiers in WW II to see combat with more than one division; it would be particularly weird to see an entire company in CM wearing the insignia of another division on the right sleeve (offered for what it's worth to you).

Originally posted by Tom:

I am looking for the type of FONT that was used for the headlines in the German WWII magazine " Signal "...Can anybody help ???

Didn't realize this would be so tough. I went looking for what you want and after opening one of my Hitler's Wartme Magazine books, I have to ask... which font? THere's the script that was used quite a bit to head articles about battles, the more modern type face that was used for lifesytle pieces and the bold charcaol like font that was used in some big stories...

I went looking for the script as that's probably what you are looking for (or are you looking for the red script that was used for the logo?). THought it would be a piece of cake and man was I wrong. There were a bunch that are kinda close, none that really match, as you no doubt know.

I just LOVE those snowed on Shermans. Nice work Tom. Excellent font for the splash screen.

I hope BTS is paying attention! The T-34's and other Russian tanks would look great with that snowed and iced effect for winter...

Originally posted by Compassion:

I went looking for the script as that's probably what you are looking for (or are you looking for the red script that was used for the logo?).

Yes , I am looking for the RED script/font that was used for the " Signal " logo.....

Tom

------------------