To all the mod-makers!

Hallo!

First, as i sometimes said it here, thank you very much for your amazing work. I use those mods - can´t think about it, to play without them.

But, is there a mod for uniforms, that shows, that the Germans had those black boots???

I always see the germans with (aha, i don´t know the english word for it, we say in Germany "Gamaschen") those "things" above their boots - but, historically they had only those black boots without anything above them.

Is there a mod for it??

Sorry again, about my flapsy english - any help, answer, comment would be very nice.

Greetings from Germany

Jochen

Jochen,hi.Green canvas and leather gaiters(Stoff Gamaschen) were issued to be worn with short lace-up ankle boots(schnurschuhe).They were introduced in 1943 and issued in increasing quantities to replace the shortage of leather marching boots(Marschstiefel).As CMBO takes place in 1944/45 that would explain it.Maybe we'll see more Marschstiefel in CM4 which will be set in the early war years(I think!)Hope this helps,cheers,Bob.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by crepitis:

Jochen,hi.Green canvas and leather gaiters(Stoff Gamaschen) were issued to be worn with short lace-up ankle boots(schnurschuhe).They were introduced in 1943 and issued in increasing quantities to replace the shortage of leather marching boots(Marschstiefel).As CMBO takes place in 1944/45 that would explain it.Maybe we'll see more Marschstiefel in CM4 which will be set in the early war years(I think!)Hope this helps,cheers,Bob.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

They were introduced in July 1941 in fact. Only Infantrymen, motorcyclists, bicyclists, engineers, railroad engineers and some other troops got marching boots from July 41 onwards (a pair of marching boots and a pair of ankle boots in fact). All other troops got ankle boots. Issuing of marching boots decrassed over time and few soldiers got them in 1944. Eventually, production of marching boots was stopped in Sept 1944.

BTW AFAIK the Spanish Blue Division, including infantry, didn’t get marching boots in 1941.

Fernando

I would like to say thank you to all mod makers,however i would like someone to do a new building mod, a factory or a railway station or a small warehouse, i need something to go into a town that isnt just a house, a row of shops would be good to