Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Tank AI with gun damage

Yeah, maybe.

I have the opposite complaint, though; tanks too interested in saving their own skin when they should stand their ground.

I was playing Chambois, and I had set up 4 Shermans and 1 Firefly to be clustered on top on the hill with beautiful hull down firing positions on the city, as the German tanks came out in a disorganized mess. I was not pleased when a couple of my Shermans decided the action was too hot and tossed smoke. mad.gif

I am sure those tankers we pleased when I ordered them to push through the smoke and slug it out anyway. eek.gif

As least a gun damaged tank might be drawing fire that might be aimed at a healthy tank. That seems like a legitimate tactic.

Guest Michael emrys

Originally posted by Peter White:

As least a gun damaged tank might be drawing fire that might be aimed at a healthy tank. That seems like a legitimate tactic.

The crew of the tank in question might hold a differing view.

wink.gif

Michael

Originally posted by Tanks a Lot:

It seems like they just stay there taking shots until they get killed.

... which can be a very good thing. smile.gif

I played a battle lately where the Germans had a JT that got it's gun damaged early on (as usual), and then just sat there acting like a bullet magnet that the Allied Shermans just wouldn't ignore, but spend all their AP rounds on, just to have them deflect off the frontal armour.

Then there were no real threats left for the other German AFVs...

Cheers

Olle

Originally posted by Olle Petersson:

... which can be a very good thing. smile.gif

I played a battle lately where the Germans had a JT that got it's gun damaged early on (as usual), and then just sat there acting like a bullet magnet that the Allied Shermans just wouldn't ignore, but spend all their AP rounds on, just to have them deflect off the frontal armour.

Then there were no real threats left for the other German AFVs...

Cheers

Olle

Unfortunately it's not such a good thing when the tank is a Sherman(not a Jumbo) or a Panzer IV.