Unrestricted Force Type But Not Unrestricted Experience?

I love the fact that this option of spending on whatever you want has been put into play but why not the same option on experience?

I'd at least like to have the option of mixing 3 different experience levels on my QB's--especially regs, vets, and crackheads.

------------------

Youth is wasted on the young.

Originally posted by Colonel_Deadmarsh:

I love the fact that this option of spending on whatever you want has been put into play but why not the same option on experience?

I'd at least like to have the option of mixing 3 different experience levels on my QB's--especially regs, vets, and crackheads.

Doesn't setting quality to Random do this?

------------------

Charlie don't Surf

shadow@jagdtiger.de

http://www.orbitonline.ca/~Shadow/index.html

No, setting quality to random means you might get scripts and greens while your opponent might get vets, crackheads, and elites. Not what I was saying.

I'm not sure about the historical accuracy of having conscripts fighting with elite units but I would at least like to have for all selections: low, med, and high to give us 3 choices for units. Another option like this in the game can only be better.

------------------

Youth is wasted on the young.

I agree. I am particularly annoyed that there is no way to mix green and regular troops in the same quick battle. I happen to think that was the most common force type of the war, besides all regular. We need to be able to choose 2 or 3 and to position it ourselves.

In scenarios it is all easy, but the drawback there is if you make it, you know what the other guy has.

Actually, IIRC when CM first came out the "medium" quality setting was green-regular, but it was changed in a patch after people asked for it (i.e. nobody liked buying green troops).

------------------

You've never heard music until you've heard the bleating of a gut-shot cesspooler. -Mark IV

if this is so, then that's unfortunate indeed (haven't ttried the patch yet).

I thought "unrestricted" really meant "unrestricted", but in fact it _is_ *restricted* to unrestricted points.

I agree you should be able to mix troops of varying quality; might not be too common with allied troops, but considering the hodgepodge chaos that 1945 germany was it was the rule not the exception that such mixes of elite and conscript forces occurred.

Guest Space Thing

Originally posted by Colonel_Deadmarsh:

Amen Colonel_Deadmarsh. I'm with you on this one.

Yes, I've done the searching and I've read the posts about this.

A No Restriction for experience is highly needed just to be able to have historical QBs. I'm thinking of doing a QB of the Battle of the Bulge. We can't do one as-things-are, because the Germans fielded a wide variety of experienced troops and CM only lets you have a narrow choice for troop experience.

Hopefully, it'll be in the next upgrade. A No Restriction for experience is far more needed than any No Restriction choice for troop type. Maybe someone got the two confused and just happened to change the wrong one.