Game locks up after 2 turns!!!

IDF

Anyone got some suggestions?

My sound card and video card don't share same IRQ.

I have Duron 650, 128 MG RAM , 32 MG TNT2 Nvidia card. SB Live

ps where can i get the latest SB Live drivers from?

Thanks for comments

I had a similar problem playing the game on a laptop. In the end, it turned out that my comp was overheating. Strangely enough, setting the computer on a tray of ice seemed to help the problem. Blowing an external fan on it also helped somewhat. Getting a new 1Ghz desktop with a Geforce II finally solved the problem smile.gif

Try opening the computer and feel the components to see if they are hot to the touch after you lock up. If so, you will need to add some cooling capabilities in order to play the game.

Also, try posting this in the tech support forum. There are some quite knowledgable people that hang out there.

I doubt very much that is a over-heating issue. It's a Duron after all. Providing of course it isn't overclocked?

You should have some software that comes with your computer/motherboard that you can run that will tell you how hot the cpu is running.

My problem was resolved when I downgraded to 98SE. I went through every other option. It was a bit drastic but it worked.

Allright,

Some one on the tech support site gave me advice to disable the acceleration capabilities on my TNT2 video card. I do so reducing the acceleration and walla I can play the game!!!

The only thing is that now the game looks so choppy, it reminds my of the Atari games of the 80's. I am dissappointed as i just upgraded my computer and I did it with CM in mind. Why wont the thing work properly?

I am using recent computer tech. I'm not using a P166 or 8 MG video!! Its a bloody 650 MHZ Duron with 128 RAM and 32 TNT2 card!!!

Any suggestions