Any mod for tracers?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Panzer Leader:

... any ideas why those seemingly random graphics are hard-coded. ... berets? ...mortars? ...MG bases?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>My guess: They're too small to make a difference with regular textures.

Hard coded paves the way for faster graphics.

Cheers

Olle

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gyrene:

The tracers, smoke and falling shells are all hard coded and cannot be modded by the users.

So I hear.

Gyrene<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually smoke *isn't* hard-coded. Can't recall what files they are, but I *think* that they're around the end of the explosion file range. I could be wrong though, but the original subdued total mod pack supposedly had a smoke mod. Well actually I know it does, because CCJ had made new smoke for the Beta Demo ages ago, when smoke was an ugly columness plume of grey opaque smoke. Boy, you new guys don't know how good you got it now with the smoke that implemented into the Gold Demo. That old smoke was U*G*L*Y*!

[ 04-24-2001: Message edited by: Maximus ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Maximus:

... CCJ had made new smoke for the Beta Demo ages ago, when smoke was an ugly columness plume of grey opaque smoke. Boy, you new guys don't know how good you got it now with the smoke that implemented into the Gold Demo. That old smoke was U*G*L*Y*!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Sure it was ugly, but more important; it was another type of smoke rounds!

The grey columns represented smoke produced by hexaclorene (spelling)(HC), recognised by being grey, slowly produced but lingering several turns. This was the type used to produce smoke screens to cover troop movement and such.

The "new" white clouds represent white phosphorus (WP). Almost instant effect, but last only a short while. Used to temporarily blind the enemy or to instantly cover a hasty retreat.

Cheers

Olle