A really great CMBB option. (for me anyway)

I'm not sure if BTS is adding this, they probably will however. The player should have the option of setting up a map where, if a player clicks on an enemies unit, no information at all could be accessed. For example, I wouldn't be able to click on my enemies units and press enter, as it wouldn't bring up the info box as normaly would. Also, unit training level should be hidden (green, Crack), infantry casualties as well. That would be great, I would play it like this all the time. It would be nice to have the option for your own units as well.

Yup. There's been "extreme" Fog of War mentioned, but, er, the details about such are still covered by Fog of Software Development.

It did strike me as strange that experience levels could be revealed -- well, I could see something of courser granularity "Green / Experienced / Crack" perhaps. What struck me as stranger was that these details, along with troop types, are always accurate if listed as a certain guess (no question mark, and specific type).

For instance, IIRC if it says "Rifle, '44 Pattern" it *is* a "Rifle, '44 Pattern" squad 100% of the time. Your troops seem to know if there's any chance of being wrong (usually in the sense of omission of detail, but also mis-ID for vehicles), and tell you. Is this degree of certainty about uncertainty reasonable?

(*shrug* Maybe it is, for all I know. *shrug*)

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Mud:

For instance, IIRC if it says "Rifle, '44 Pattern" it *is* a "Rifle, '44 Pattern" squad 100% of the time....Is this degree of certainty about uncertainty reasonable?

(*shrug* Maybe it is, for all I know. *shrug*)<hr></blockquote>

You don't think your troops should know what year it is? :D

Check out Band of Brothers again - the part in the book (you see this in the miniseries too) where we are told that men in German uniforms roamed through the Allied camps before D-Day to familiarize troops with enemy equipment.

Blackburn tells us about the Demonstration Platoon that put on displays of German tactics for Invasion troops as well - he was in the Second Division, so even though he wasn't in an assault formation, part of his training was watching men in German uniforms perform German tactical drills.

What this means is that Allied troops were drilled in what the enemy was supposed to be doing...and could tell a lot from simple observation about how experienced they were. They also received detailed intelligence, which was passed on to all troops, about enemy force makeup, etc. So yes, it is reasonable for the player to be able to identify a Rifle 44 squad.

[ 12-01-2001: Message edited by: Michael Dorosh ]</p>