CM2: Intro music

Continuing our "dry runs" at CM2 this and CM2 that (I do hope that BTS chaps read at least some of them).

Here is my version ("The Holy War", an MP3 sound file):

web.referent.ru:2003/nvk/forum/files/Ivan_cat/Svyaschennaya_vojna_(Krasnoznamennyj_ansambl_).mp3

What is yours?

By the way, the link I posted will not work for long. This is a "dumping ground" of russian VIF2 forum - older files are removed.

The Leningrad symphony was indeed dedicated to the city, but the premiere was not in Leningrad.

Shostakovich began to write it in Leningrad during the siege, but in October 1941 the soviets evacuated him, to let him finish it in a less risky place.The premiere was in Kuibyshev in March 1942, and was performed in Leningrad for the first time in August, the same year. Several musics had to be recalled from the front to play it, and in fact many of them were wounded ( and several dead ) the day it was first played.

From... well, somewhere in my memory. Even the dates. I've read it somewhere recentlly, but I am too lazy to look it out. Don´t quote me... My memory is pretty good, not perfect....

:cool: