Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

German M.G. 151/15 and 151/20

Is there any chance or consideration of modeling the M.G. 151/20 in future CM's? Specificaly CM2 but not limited to CM2?

From the U.S. Handbook on German Military Forces: M.G. 151/20:

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>

MODEL 15 Machine Gun M.G. 15

General description. Although primarily an aicraft machine gun, it has also been found on an impovised ground mount as an antitank weapon and triple mounted on half tracked vehicle. When used on the ground, the gun is hand cocked and mechanically fired, instead of utilizing the electrical cocking and firing mechanism provided for its ude in aircraft. The gun is entirely recoil-operated. The 15mm M.G. 151 is sometimes used instead of the 151/20 on the triple mount.

Characteristics.

Caliber...........................20mm (0.787 inch).

Length, over-all............aprox 69 inches.

Weight...........................arpox 93 pounds.

Gun fires HE, AP, and APHE.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I realize that if this gun is considered being modeled in CM, it opens up an entire discussion on all improvised weapons. So I understand why this gun should probably not be modeled. However, It was interesting to see the Germans did have an equivelent MG to the U.S. 50 caliber in the 151/15.

Does anybody know anything more about it's use and quantity made?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Freak:

Is there any chance or consideration of modeling the M.G. 151/20 in future CM's? Specificaly CM2 but not limited to CM2?

From the U.S. Handbook on German Military Forces: M.G. 151/20:

I realize that if this gun is considered being modeled in CM, it opens up an entire discussion on all improvised weapons. So I understand why this gun should probably not be modeled. However, It was interesting to see the Germans did have an equivelent MG to the U.S. 50 caliber in the 151/15.

Does anybody know anything more about it's use and quantity made?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

They fired 700 rpm and were used in ground combat at the end of war...but I guess they were very rare.

Anyway - the Modell 131 would be another nice addition - 930rpm of 13mm ammo, HE & AP

- pure Iwan :eek:

BTW - how about the Panzerbüchse?

Modell 151 - ~16000 were build til December 44,with 5.000.000 rounds of 15mm and 55.000.000 of 20mm available in 12/44.

Modell 131 - ~8100 with 25.000.000 rounds available in 12/44

No infos how much were used in groundcombat, but both were usual used in all types of aircrafts.