Bridges

It takes ages but can be done by shooting at them a lot with things that explode.

Also, do a search, it has been discused I believe smile.gif

PeterNZ

------------------

"What do I care, I got laid last week" - Chupacabra

"Bjorn again are really quite good!" - Germanboy

- Official owner of the sig files of Dalem and Croda -

Yeah, they take quite a beating before they blow. Probably something to the equivalent of a large heavy building plus a light house. Seems like I destroyed one with a barrage of 105mm artillery.

------------------

"Upon my signal, unleash Hell."--General Maximus, Gladiator

"Aim small, miss small."--Mel Gibson, The Patriot

"I do what I likes, and I likes what I do."--Darrell Hammond (portraying Bill Clinton), SNL

Don't bother shooting at land bridges, for some reason they're much tougher than bridges over water. I tried it with 100 rounds of 170mm, and the bridge wasn't even damaged.

Before anyone asks, engineers can't blow up bridges with satchels.

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

The Last Defense- Mods, Scenarios, and more!

Guest Germanboy

Wooden bridges go easily from HE - stone bridges, try 14" naval, other than that...

------------------

Andreas

Der Kessel

Home of „Die Sturmgruppe“; Scenario Design Group for Combat Mission.

Playing around to find a good/economical way to blow brdiges I found 155mm allied arty to be pretty darn good. In controlled testing after 1 1/2 to 2 turns the wooden bridge is history. Interestingly enough 8" gun though expensive, is incredible accurate. Durring first full turn of firing, usually the second salvo knocks the bridge out.

I was just amazed with how accurate 8" fire is. Puts the rounds into about a 10-20 meter oval everytime. The spotting round is not as wild either. Is this to simulate highly accurate Naval fire?

...wow, from what i'm hearing, you can call in some pretty heavy stuff when it comes to artillery, man, i thought the 105mm arty in the demo is powerful! i can't wait to try out the 14" naval guns, and the 8" naval guns, i bet they cost a fortune to call in, though...but they would be a good way to take out those nasty KT's and JT's i keep hearing about that ruin everyone's day.

...wow, from what i'm hearing, you can call in some pretty heavy stuff when it comes to artillery, man, i thought the 105mm arty in the demo is powerful! i can't wait to try out the 14" naval guns, and the 8" naval guns, i bet they cost a fortune to call in, though...but they would be a good way to take out those nasty KT's and JT's that can ruin everyone's day...

14"... daaaaaaamn, thats some serious stuff right there...

Guest Offwhite

Originally posted by Dirtweasle:

I was just amazed with how accurate 8" fire is. Puts the rounds into about a 10-20 meter oval everytime. The spotting round is not as wild either. Is this to simulate highly accurate Naval fire?

I think it's the 8" howitzer, which I've seen in a few books ("Hell on Wheels" for one) referred to as the most accurate artillery of the war. I have no idea if that's actually true, but I'm sure some Friendly Neighborhood Grog can confirm or deny this.

------------------

Yes, makin' mock o' uniforms that guard you while you sleep

Is cheaper than them uniforms, an' they're starvation cheap

- Rudyard Kipling, "Tommy"

I have my standard stress-relief, blow things up, scenario for moments of extreme boredom. A few dozen 14" spotters for the Brits, and a couple of battalions of German infantry with about a Panzer Division's worth of tank support, locked on a large island. Casualties are usually over 1,500 Germans after about three turns...

------------------

The common ordinary SS soldier was just following orders from their superiors...

Maximus

LOL Babra I made one like that too. 'Cept it's Amis vs. the Krauts. Called it Blood Island. It's great for right after you get home from work, eat dinner, and crack open that first beer.

Yeah, I made a test battle last night to check out those bad boys...

They are.

Peacefull French town full of Germans...

BOOM!

At least the town may have been full of Germans. Now it's just a pile of rubble. No bodies though...hmmm...

"Sorry to report sir, but we can confirm no casualties from the naval barrages"

"Any buildings left up there Seargant?"

"Yes, sir, several large structures still standing."

"Get another spotter up there on the double..."