One of those "Where did all my tanks go?" scenario...

SPOILERS BELOW!

So I am playing the First Clash at Cambres scenario via PBEM with a friend. I have my tanks moving in two quartets up both sides of the large forest area. The quartets consisted of:

1st Quartet

-----------

3 x Reg Sherman II

1 x Reg Sherman IIC Firefly

2nd Quartet

-----------

3 x Reg Sherman V

1 x Reg Sherman VC Firefly

Well first run-in with the enemy tanks consisting of two Vet Panzer IVGs and one Vet Panzer IVH went like this:

- lost one Sherman II

- killed one Panzer IVG

- killed other Panzer IVG

- lost two Sherman IIs to Panzer IVH that went around a corner

- lost IIC Firefly to the Panzer IVH

- Panzer IVH taken out a couple turns later by combo of bomber and 81mm mortar

The 3 tank losses were quick. This Panzer was 3 for 3 shots with about 8 seconds between each shot.

So I thought "Whoa, that sucked... I'll take the right flank with my Sherman V quartet!"

So in echelon formation I came rolling around a small clump of scattered trees to find the last Vet Panzer IVH hiding. He immediatly with 15 seconds has my two front tanks burning (Sherman V and VC Firefly). The beginning of the next turn he has the other two burning in 20 seconds with only one miss. My tanks got a total of one shot off...

So now I have 8 burning tanks with nothing to show... Where did my tanks go?

stimpy

[This message has been edited by stimpy (edited 02-01-2001).]

[This message has been edited by stimpy (edited 02-01-2001).]

Stimpy,

It's a good idea to include something like **POTENTIAL SPOILER** in the heading, or at the top of your post (and then include enough blank lines so a viewer would have to scroll down to see the spoiler info) when posting scenario specific information. Just as a courtesy to those who have not played the scenario yet.

Just FYI.

Papa