French uniforms

has anyone made french uniforms?i mean the real ones which were used in 1940 until the defeat of france ,by the vichi troops,and by the french 1st army 1945 after the liberation of france,not the american ones in cm which were used by the free french forces.the reason i ask is cause i would love to make a mai 1940 operation,attack on france by the germans.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MikeT:

Major, there is a major announcement on this subject very soon. It is literally a matter of a day or two.

MikeT<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Anticipaaation, it's making 'em wait .. it's keeping 'em waiting. :D

Quit RUS'N us. tongue.gif

The French ain't the only uniforms either. These uniforms are way, way COOL! And they are finally FINNISHed! ;)

[ 10-08-2001: Message edited by: bfamily33 ]

Major, thanks. I think you will like the finish product which literally runs across France, Holland, and Belgium. As a part of the it there will be new German armor and infantry. The earlier period of Poland is also covered.

bdfamily33 you forgot the FINNISHed Stug. The log side armor looks great. :D

nullfinnish_stug_snow.jpg

MikeT

hey Mike T i found your stuff to download at wargamers.com ,theres one thing i wanted to let you know,the french infantry,they look awesome just like on the pics,but at the main bodysection of the models i get wierd colours instead of the uniforms,helmet arms legs,everything looks great ,its just the main body the brest and stomach and stuff.but maybe its just my drivers.the german uniforms work great for me tho..

Gulp, I don't know what to say there. There must be about 30-40 people that have the mod by now and noone has complained about any problems.

I will send you tonight the bmps from my own PC and lets see if that fixes it for you.

Are the Poles OK?

Mike

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by lcm1947:

May I ask what the above picture has to do with French uniforms? But my main question is where can I get that Stug? It is excellent!!!!!!!!!!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nothing. It's a Finnish, as in Finland, Stug. There's more Finnish goodies too. Winter is coming, and so is the Winter War!

Based on what Mike T. said: <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Major, there is a major announcement on this subject very soon. It is literally a matter of a day or two.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would think you'll know where to get it today or tomorrow.

French uniforms mods? I've never played the French.

Do they auto-surrender on turn 2? Or do they just start out with their hands up, kneeling down, in the "surrender/capture" mode?

I would think the backs of the uniforms would have to be more detailed than the front. You could add special detail to the crease in their pants when they are kneeling down, and the underside of the armpit as they thrust their hands up. Maybe all of their reinforcements arrive on turn 30 on the far corner of the map right before the battle ends. That way most of your troops will not have fired a shot but you auto-surrender anyway.

:D

[ 10-09-2001: Message edited by: ElGuapo ]

Actually my researched showed how stubborn the French were. Especially at the Gembloux Feint. There is a French mod for 1940 along with a Polish mod in 1939. The whole theater mod is called Fading Hopes. I am only waiting official word to give the link so you can start to download the files.

Oh, the Russian front mod is also done and ready.

MikeT