DFDR, Advice on the two Hi-res Terrain Sand Tiles

With the release of DFDR mod, many of us have setup a second CM folder, installed the DFDR mods, moved over vehicle mods that look best for desert (Tiger tan, Fernando Mono-camo, etc), and have jumped right on in.

Fantastic piece of work. The terrain is excellent.

I did discover that there are two hi-res terrain sets in the broken up mod downloads. There is the one that matches the lo-res in color and a pinkish sand base. If you just install terrain 1 - 9 mods, you will get the pinkish.

Terrain mods dfdrcft1, 2, and 3 have the lighter "normal" sand for hi-res (1550-1569). dfdrcft9 has the pinkish sand set (1550-1569). After installing everything and you want the "lighter" sand base, reinstall 1, 2, and 3 (or install all of them in reverse order).

In other words, I didn't spot the name difference of the '9' file, which is actually dfdrmtt9.zip

So folks, don't install dfdrmtt9.zip unless you are in a deep Tunisia area where a more earthly look is desired. Best is to extract this file and setup a batch file to swap between the bmp's in this file with those in the dfdrcft1 - dfdrcft8 zip files. Or you can wait the get the mod manager compliant update, if you use that method for mod swapping.

Okay, I got this straight. Time to make some tracks in the sand...