Ok - so Im am a newbie - but

Hi there

How do I get about getting the most feel about the hights in CM - without making the whole ting looking awful. I.e where and what mods to get,

I want to be able to "feel" the elevations at a glance, whithout loosing the realistic "touch" - if posible.

Ohh - and anybody for a Pbem - one turn a day - nothing faster due to work, family and so on.

Kind regards

Morten Lundsteen

Copenhagen - Denmark

get DD's Terrian, and Panzertruppen's buildings.

As for grass you gonna have to experiment. Some like Hi-res and some like low-res. But if your going with DD then get the old dog subdued. Old Dog has about the best grass for seeing elevation diffrences but still looks realistic.

But there is also Desert Foxes grass and Gunslingers grass.

Check out

http://www.geocities.com/desertfox1891/CombatMission/Combatmission.htm

and

http://www.afv-uk.net/cmoutpost/

Good luck

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Morten:

Thanks

This is the best, fast, and most friendly board I have ever encountered.

I will look into the links.

Kind regards

Morten Lundsteen

Copenhagen - Denmark<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Stick around awhile you will learn the truth about this board. :D

[ 06-22-2001: Message edited by: Panzerman ]

Welcome to the forum. Glad you like the game. It's not perfect but close as far as I'm concerned. As far as grass there are some very good looking grass out there but the best one to show elevation is Wolf's. I actually was having trouble seeing different elevations myself just 2 or 3 days ago and looked all of them and picked Wolf's so there's my opinion. I am having a little trouble finding the right tree base to go with it but am still looking. Oh another good thing about Wolf's grass is it's not hi_res so it won't slow your machine down like some will. Anyway, welcome again and hope you become a member around the board. ;)

Welcome to the board Morten!

Just out of curiosity, it's strange that you got such a low member number, most newbies these days are going in the 6000 range.

Did anyone ever figure out the exact system for how these numbers are assigned?

Cheers!

Murph