Reinforcement Marker suggestion for CMBB

Not sure if this has been suggested or not yet, but wouldn't it be neat to be able to "set up" reinforcement markers during the setup phase? I would like to see the reinforcement markers get same treatment as other types, allowing players to "place" them during setup, scenario designers to "lock in place" during design, etc. I think it would give us more flexibility - ie. do you want that company reinforcement to support the main attack? or provide flanking support, etc...

Tiger Chow out

Well, once again, it appears that I'm talking to myself...

Self, something else to consider might be "overlapping" setup zones. Might be a little difficult to implement, but again, it would give the player and scenario designer more flexibility in determining setup zones and placement of units.

(Self, next time don't start such a boring topic, maybe somebody else will join in, maybe something like how tripods increase the effectiveness of american artillery...)

TC

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by TigerChow:

...something else to consider might be "overlapping" setup zones. Might be a little difficult to implement, but again, it would give the player and scenario designer more flexibility in determining setup zones and placement of units.<hr></blockquote>

I've had the same thought myself. I don't know how hard this would be to implement, but if possible, I'd like to see it.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>(Self, next time don't start such a boring topic, maybe somebody else will join in, maybe something like how tripods increase the effectiveness of american artillery...)<hr></blockquote>

[snicker] smile.gif

Michael

I think this could be an interesting addition, especially in QuickBattles. IF this was implemented, I think it should work so that the player wouldn't know how many reinforcements there will be, if any (so that the scenario wouldn't get spoiled).

Here's one way to do it: The scenario designer could define reinforcement zones and place some non-locked reinforcement markers inside the zones. When playing a scenario the player would decide a place for all possible reinforcements that might appear to that zone. For example, there could be 3 reinforcement zones. The designer decides to place two non-locked markers to zone1. The player would see the three zones and choose a location for each, but only after the game has ended he would know how many reinforcements there were and where they appeared.