OT: Type .... into Google and look what you get!

Try this.

go to www.google.com

Type in 'dumb motherf..ker' into the search engine (I think you know what to replace the .. with).

Look at the first result it pulls up smile.gif

The Google team say they have no idea why, and they certainly didn't do it themselves.

Hehe.

PeterNZ

------------------

"Patriotism is the virtue of the viscious" - Oscar Wilde

"Don't F*CK with Johnny Cash!" - Chupacabra

Google works by finding links _into_ a web page. I don't know the exact algorithm, but the basic principle is that the pages that are linked to from many sites have to be good, so they will be shown first.

So, if you manage to gather several thousand (or hundreds, I don't know for sure) persons that all link to some page with the same link text, it will pop to the front of the search results. Under the keywords that occur in the link text.

- Tommi

Hmm, maybe then if we all scan in our ballots and link to them online, we would have an accurate election through Yahoo.

smile.gif

------------------

"Gentlemen, you may be sure that of the three courses

open to the enemy, he will always choose the fourth."

-Field Marshal Count Helmuth von Moltke, (1848-1916)

Let me just say this: The Lord works in mysterious ways .... smile.gif

I definitely like the disclaimer on the produced link:

"(Note: If you have arrived at this site through inappropriate references via a search engine, please be assured that we did not utilize this language in our site, our HTML, nor in our internet promotion of this site. What happened was the result of a malicious act and we are pursuing remedies through the efforts of our staff and attorneys.)"

Aaah, it is stuff like this that makes me wanna abandon my pessimism and become a loveable little hippie.

M

Ps. Peter can you tell me why you got hired by your company? smile.gif

http://www.google.com/search?q=dumb+mother****er&num=100&hl=en&lr=lang_en&safe=off

used to be if you typed in more evil than the devil, microsoft popped up...not anymore, i dunno why...

------------------

russellmz,

Self-Proclaimed Keeper for Life of the Sacred Unofficial FAQ.

"They had their chance- they have not lead!" - GW Bush

"They had mechanical pencils- they have not...lead?" - Jon Stewart on The Daily Show

[This message has been edited by russellmz (edited 01-26-2001).]

Originally posted by PeterNZer:

Try this.

go to www.google.com

Type in 'dumb motherf..ker' into the search engine (I think you know what to replace the .. with).

Look at the first result it pulls up smile.gif

The Google team say they have no idea why, and they certainly didn't do it themselves.

Hehe.

PeterNZ

ROFLLLLLLL.. and they have no Idea why??????

Thanks for that Peter,I needed a laugh. smile.gif

Guest Madmatt

Hmm, just off topic can a topic really be? Interesting though. I have found google to be my new Search Engine of choice.

Type in T34/85 or ISU-152 and look at all the hits.

Now, here comes Mr. Padlock to say hi!