PUMA PUKE

Guest Richard C. Giberson

Played two different scenarios in which I was the German against the British and Americans. In the first one, I had probably 6 or 7 Puma's (among other things, of course). The Brit had "airpower". The air power went exclusively after the Puma's until it had destroyed every one of them! In the game vs. Americans only have 1 Puma (had I mean). Again, air strike took out the Puma first. This game is still going on so I may be in for more trouble from the air but I just think this highly curious -- any one else observed the same thing?

I have observed about half of my opponents buying Pumas in PBEMs, but I don't think that's what you were looking for. Fighter bombers have multiple .50 MGs, and the puma's armor is very vulnerable to this gun.

If you're playing QBs, buy a 37mm flak gun or two to take care of fighters and light armor.

------------------

The Last Defense- Mods, Scenarios, Classic threads, and more!

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

The 20mm AAA is quite cheap and a handful can be bought to defend against Allied air and positioned to pick apart those annoying Allied Halftracks. Of course the 37mm version is more potent in the ground attack role too. Don't forget the Whirbelwind(Quad 20mm guns) and the Ostwind(37mm) since they do provide mobility and can move in to pin infantry targets for proper mop ups by your own infantry. Needless to say the AAA guns possess a good amount of ammo.

------------------

"Uncommon valor was a common virtue"-Adm.Chester Nimitz of the Marines on Iwo Jima

The two scenarios mentioned were game provided scenarios, not QB's. Anyway, just found it ineresting, especially in the first one where there were I think at least 7 pumas, after dispatching all of them the plane apparently had had enough for the day.

Guest Andrew Hedges

Originally posted by Richard C. Giberson:

The two scenarios mentioned were game provided scenarios, not QB's. Anyway, just found it ineresting, especially in the first one where there were I think at least 7 pumas, after dispatching all of them the plane apparently had had enough for the day.

More likely, the flyboys wanted to get back to base and report the 7 "Tigers" they knocked out. smile.gif.

Originally posted by Andrew Hedges:

More likely, the flyboys wanted to get back to base and report the 7 "Tigers" they knocked out. smile.gif.

Even more likely, they were looking around for a rush of jeep MGs. Somewhat disappointed to find that they were supposed to be fighting the Germans, they settled for the next most gamey unit, the Pair o' Poomers.®

Elated to discover not two, but seven Pumas, they destroyed them all and returned to the base for a round of brew and lies.

------------------

The Last Defense- Made any scenarios? Send them here!

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.