Panther vs T34---Oh go home now!

The answer is fairly obvious to me. Playing Combat mission with a one on one duel, Only a nimrod would want a T34 over a Panther. However, if in the real world I have to equip an army and run a war time economy, the T34 is the far better choice. The proof "was" in the pudding my friends.

My thread was not a contest of which was better. I know that most people know the difference between the two. I posted the thread to gather infromation on various differences between the tanks not just a simple which is better thread. We all know that tank for tank the Panther is better. The thread now contains information provided by rexford regarding Russian T34 armor hardness.

Regards,

Freak

I totally agree with CRSutton. I've just recently been to Munster, where it just happens to be that a Panther (BefPanther) is placed right next to a T-34/76B, a few meters away is a T-34/85.

The Panther totally dwarfs the T-34, and anybody, even non-grogs with at least one eye, would reach the prima-facie result that the Panther in a one-on-one comparison must be the better choice.

btw: What I also noticed was the very crude workmanship on the T-34; the only T-34s I had seen before were on display so they looked poor anyhow; but these were nicely maintained so one could clearly see the T-34 was a crude piece of work. Ugly, too. Not saying that russian tank designs are ugly per se; the T-54/5 and it's follow-ups up to the T-80 are very beautiful IMO, but the T-34 is definitely not. Especially that hydrocephalus-85. smile.gif