Game Time?

Greetings,

How long does a normal scenario take to complete? I have been playing smaller scenarios and I never have enough time to

complete them so the save feature is great.

I guess the question is how long does a "normal" turn take for you to complete? I probably spend about 10 minutes for setup in

smaller scenarios and then about 5 minutes for the original orders phase. The next orders phases typically don't take as long as many units will be continuing prior orders.

Movie playback review time usually takes about 3 minutes on average. So I probably average about 4 minutes per turn. Any comments?

Bobo

I take about the same amount of time, maybe a little shorter. Whatever works for you is the right length.

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

-Commercial fishing in Kodiak, Alaska

I take much, much longer for moves, especially in the early going. If everything is going according to plan, or during the resolution of a multi-minute firefight, the turns will be faster - the speed you mentioned or less. But when figuring out where everybody is going to go, I can easily spend 30 minutes a move - and sometimes as long as you take on a move, on the playback LOL.

Guest Michael emrys

I'm like Jason. Thirty minutes per turn is about average for a small (a company-sized force) QB for me. Set-up may take twice as long. I may spend 5-10 minutes reviewing the playback if there's a lot going on.

But I've always been a slow, deliberate player. One reason I never felt comfortable with RTS.

Michael

It all depends on how anal you are. Get down at level one to walk the path of each company you move, and an hour a turn at multiple company level is doing pretty good. Move you Battalion as one big unit using drop and drag select, and you can do a turn a minute on a fast machine.