…hello to all of you doggies, tommies and landsers…

admittedly, I am something of a soft-bellied recruit regarding this entire scene, that is to say, I am as short on perspective as I am on experience – so, bear such things in mind while I spin the following yarn…

…after being thoroughly impressed by the demo, I ordered the full version of the game a few days ago. While waiting for it to arrive, I have been whorishly gobbling up mods from various sites when I noticed that…

**** the .bmp files supplied with Ed Durkin’s infantry uniform mod “US ’44 Infantry, US ’44 Airborne, US ’45 Infantry…Version 1.1” and those with DD’s “Full Uniform Pack,” both of which are hosted by the CMHQ site, produce different graphics when applied to the actual game as opposed to what is presented in the sample “thumbnails” on the site.****

** [uS uniforms – CMHQ displays: grunts w/green trousers and tan shirts. CM displays: grunts w/ green trousers and shirts, also, the helmets included netting, which tipped me off that, yes, the new files had installed successfully, but without the “advertised” visuals. Volksgrenadier uniforms – CMHQ displays: soldiers w/ green tinted “feld grau” uniforms. CM displays: soldiers w/camo smocks and blue/gray trousers, camo helmets. worlds apart from the thumnail, but a pleasant surprise nonetheless - they actually look fantastic...]**

…at first I believed this to be the result of a simple oversight by the obviously dedicated fellows who manage the site, but then again…

“CMHQ,” eh? perhaps this nuisance is actually a splendidly clever method of simulating the rear-echelon blockheads back at battalion lousing up the objectives for the poor mudrollers in the field, yes? honestly sirs, isn’t this taking the entire “historical accuracy” routine a bit too far? I too am a genuine sucker for detail, but, if possible, could the files displayed in the thumbnails be made available for download, please?

[my petty b.s. aside, this gaming community has a truly unrivaled group of mod-makers and site designers. I am both grateful and awestruck, thankyou.]

[ 05-24-2001: Message edited by: Peter Panzer ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Peter Panzer:

**** the .bmp files supplied with Ed Durkin’s infantry uniform mod “US ’44 Infantry, US ’44 Airborne, US ’45 Infantry…Version 1.1” and those with DD’s “Full Uniform Pack,” both of which are hosted by the CMHQ site, produce different graphics when applied to the actual game as opposed to what is presented in the sample “thumbnails” on the site.****<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes you are correct. The sample thumbnail under DD's set is actually incorrect. DD's basic Wehrmacht uniform is one of gray trousers and a green camoed smock. So the incorrect thumbnail is probably the first mistake Madmatt has made all year. ;)

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>** [uS uniforms – CMHQ displays: grunts w/green trousers and tan shirts. CM displays: grunts w/ green trousers and shirts, also, the helmets included netting, which tipped me off that, yes, the new files had installed successfully, but without the “advertised” visuals.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The tan shirted, brown trouser US uniform is the 1944 uniform. The all green uniform is the 1945 uniform. US troops changed uniforms in December 1944. So any scenario you play before Dec. 1944, will have tan shirts and brown trousers, and scenario you play in December or after, US troops will have the all green uniforms.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Volksgrenadier uniforms – CMHQ displays: soldiers w/ green tinted “feld grau” uniforms. CM displays: soldiers w/camo smocks and blue/gray trousers, camo helmets. worlds apart from the thumnail, but a pleasant surprise nonetheless - they actually look fantastic...]**<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're confusing two different mods here. Yes, there is a green-tinted feld grau uniform available, and there is also the green camoed smock you speak of. Note my first paragraph above. The green camoed smock is DD's version, while the feld grau version is Ed Durkin's.